New York-Long Island

I got THE DRESS!

Today, out of nowhere, I made an appt with my mom to look and just get a better idea of what I wanted...needless to say the 3rd dress I tried on was IT...It's perfect!!!!! ONE HUGE CHECK off the list!!!!! I m sooooo happy!!!!! AND, I got it on sale!!!!

Re: I got THE DRESS!

• jordanamnjordanamn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did the same thing. My mom and I had made an appointment just for fun because I wasn't really ready to shop and I wound up buying my dress that day! It was like mybe the 5th one I tried on! Congrats!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks! I was not expecting to get my dress so soon. It totally wasnt the style I expected to like, but it just looked so beautiful and I didnt want to take it off...it felt right! I knew right then and there this was THE ONE!
  • flinn017flinn017 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Big Check!! congrats!! Where did you get your dress (or other places you looked)?  I haven't really started looking.  I don't know where to start. . . .
  • stina11stina11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Thats great at least it was quick, I tryed on like 20 dresses and went to another store before I found the one. What kinda dress? What does it look like?
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats to both of you!!! We wanna know the deets! What's it look like, who makes it, where'd you order from? Did they let you take pics? I'm going on Sunday to try on what I think is THE dress with my mom and FMIL and BMs. If it is, then I'm going to order it!
  • edited December 2011
    I LOVEEE IT! Its by Olga Cassini I think??? Its a sweetheart neckline with an amazing embroidered bodice, then like a pick up style bottom with a french bustle in the back!!! In Ivory :)I hope I didnt get it too early??? Its not coming in until 12/2009, then fittings and alterations, soooo....
  • edited December 2011
    This one? I looooooooves it. When's your wedding? There's no such thing as too early as long as you stop looking at wedding dresses! That's how you get to be a 2 dress bride! ;o)
  • edited December 2011
    No, thats not it...I cant attach the pic from the website! Its style CT 291...How did you copy and paste that pic above? LOL
  • edited December 2011
    Ahh I knew it was one or the other. For some reason I thought your post said it had lace at the bottom, but I'm obviously just losing my mind. LOL! This is small, but this is it, right? I just searched google images for the style number (yes, I know the style number of that other dress and it's sad) and copied and pasted the pic into the post here. But if that doesn't work is [img*] url [/img*] but without the *.It's gorgeous! I love Oleg Cassini gowns!
  • edited December 2011
    That is it! That is it! I <3 it :)    
  • edited December 2011
    It's gorgeous! You're going to look like a princess!
  • edited December 2011
    I am a new poster here but I just wanted to tell you how beautiful your dress is. I also bought a Oleg Cassini dress that sounded just like yours but mine was being discontinued when I bought it a few months ago but its very similar . Congratualtions im sure your going to look beautiful in it
  • edited December 2011
    Aw, thanks so much! I am sure you are going to look gorgeous as well! It feels like SUCH a relief to have the dress taken care of, doesnt it??? LOL
  • annabelle2424annabelle2424 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jgarcia1129 .. I am in love with the dress you bought.. It was just a little out of my budget, I'm still deciding whether to get it or not. You said you got it on sale, do you mind telling me how much the sale price was ? When I went to try it on it was $1150, if it was on sale I wouldn't hesitate buying it.
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Annbelle! Thanks so much! I am truly in LOVE with it. It was on sale at davids Bridal for $850.00. With all of the additional stuff (undergarment things, etc) I ended up with a total of 1040.00...I go it in Ivory. Def try Davids Bridal! If you need any other information feel free to email me at jchgar@gmail.com -
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards