Not Engaged Yet

NWR: Pet Peeve of the Week

So, I'm gone a week and a half and I miss proposals and DDing. Next time I get a hospital room with internet access...lolSo, new topic, totally NWR...what's your biggest pet peeve this week, or what is driving you nuts this week? Vent away... :) 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Oceana swings from logical to anus punching." - Buttons

Planning / Married / Blog

Re: NWR: Pet Peeve of the Week

• edited December 2011
    I think my biggest pet peeve this week is customers who won't pay their bill. You're supposed to pay us when we come to your house and provide you with a service. They're always mumbling about how they just ran out of checks, husband left with the credit card, *insert bullshit excuse*, can't you just bill me, that's what the other company did? Sure, we can bill you but you need to pay it, your negligence is probably why we were able to buy the other company so cheap!!
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I started a new job last week and one of my mentors is just flat out rude.  I have never been anything other than nice and professional to her and all I get is a glare/snarl every time.  Even if I said something that made a bad first impression I could try to understand, but our first encounter went like this...Me: Hi, my name is KriHer: *slam door in face*I mean seriously WTH?Moral of the story: Be nice to the noobie!!!!
  • edited December 2011
    Ugh! Malakia that's awful, have you noticed if she's like that with everyone or just you?
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • rickylee244rickylee244 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That one of the members of my disertaiton committee is in Brazil through the spring (without telling anyone) and I have to defend my proposal this fall ..... This leaves me here trying to run around and get approval for video conferences and how to actually do it ... leading me to tears and super frustration Peeve - professors who think of noone but themselves
    Photobucket Visit The Nest! Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My two major pet peeves this week:1) I work for a university (helping students apply to graduate school) and I told my students in advance that I'd be out on medical leave for surgery. I emailed them on Monday saying I was back in the office and please give me 2-3 days to catch up on paperwork and urgent issues before I could address new issues. Which prompted a flood of emails from those students either a) whining about how I didn't respond to their email/phone call last week (um, OUT OF OFFICE), or b) listing their new issue and why it needed addressed RIGHTTHISSECOND. Grrrr.2) On top of playing the worst game of catchup ever, it's also the first week of undergraduate classes. Which means everyone and their mother/grandmother/family pastor has shown up to my office, asking questions that either a) could be answered by themselves if they bothered to look, or b) I'm not even closed to qualified to answer. I actually got yelled at by an 18 year old because I didn't happen to know where his English Lit class was being held. I work in the Science department. And I don't have access to class rosters. And it's not cool to drop F-bombs at me right outside my boss's office. ::headdesk::In spite of all of this, I've managed to successfully restrain myself from throwing staplers and tape dispensers at people all week. I need a mojito.ps. rickylee - I think you need a martini. Chocolate peppermint martini. I think we should kick out the boys and have martinis tomorrow night. :)

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love it Oceana however, we are leaving tomorrow .. or did your BF not tell you that he and FI made a deal about bringing us to the airport and us bringing you next week? MEN! But at least we have our hair date tonight ... do you think Isa will let us drink? lol
  • edited December 2011
    OMG Oceana where do you live?? I am in severe need of no boys and martinis! lol
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    @ rickylee - Um, no...he failed to mention that one. LOL...are you doing to/from or just picking us up on Labor Day? Because our flight out to CO on Thurs is at, like, 6:30am. Ugh. Whoever drives us gets a hell of a thank you gift. @buttons - If you're in South Florida, it's game on.

• edited December 2011
    ps. @ricky - Isa's freaking awesome, she'd probably be mixing the martinis for us...lol

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ocean - I do no know the details of said arrangement but I'm sure we'll find out And btw underclassmen the first week suck ... the group I teach on tuesdays think they know more than everyone else in a room, we'll see how long that lasts lol
  • edited December 2011
    Unfortunately, South Florida is a bit of a hike from Connecticut. lolI'm furiously texting my best friend with the suggestion that there should be martinis when I come over tomorrow night.
    image image image image 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ericswifeyericswifey member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My pet peeve is the first week of undergraduate classes. I am one. And I am dying. Thank you teachers for failing to email us about the 99kajillion things we were/are supposed to do this week. Also, thanks for dropping this giant "oh-btw-next-semester-is-going-to-cost-you-your-first-born" bomb on us smack in the middle of the second most stressful week of the year. Appreciated, not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards