Louisiana-New Orleans

Southern Oaks???

I am planning on having my reception at Southern Oaks and I wanted to know if anyone has had any 300 person receptions there? If so, was the reception hall large enough for everyone? Also did anyone have fireworks at their ceremony if so, how much was it they were kind of vauge about the prices when I asked.

Re: Southern Oaks???

• edited December 2011
    i have also booked for a 300 guest rececption. they gave me a price sheet for the fireworks with my contract. since they were vague with you about prices idk if that means they plan on changing prices or whatever but they gave me this info in Februrary: package "a" $1700- 6 sparkling fountains, 8 gerbs, 4 silver fountains, 4 large gerbs, 16 angelfire mines, 6 comets, 8 angelfire comets, 2 class C cakes. package "b" $2700- 6 fountains, 12 gerbs, 4 silver fountains, 4 large gerbs, 20 angelfire mines, 6 comets, 8 angelfire comets, 4 class C cakes, 4 silver slivers, 5 RTG airbursts, package "c" $3700- 6 sparkling fountains, 12 gerbs, 8 silver fountains, 4 large gerbs, 20 angelfire mines,12 comets, 10 angelfire comets, 6 class C cakes, 4 silver slivers, 10 RTG airbursts, 4 saxons.i can also post a description of each firework if you like, it was just a lot for post lol
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there, but we only had 120 people...so I can't help you there! Although I do think it would be fine with 300....a lot of people were out back as well.We did have fireworks after our ceremony and we chose the cheapest package ($1700) and they were AMAZING!!! They seriously blew people's minds! My husband looked at me and was like, "this is the cheapest package?!?!" I wouldn't pay the extra money for the higher price packages honestly....we think they threw in some extra fireworks to be honest :) Mr Bobby is a total sweetheart!Southern Oaks does raise their prices a little bit each year which is probably why they were not more specific with you. You are going to love getting married there!
  • edited December 2011
    What are the sparkling fountatins?
  • mrsCWmrsCW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married there in June 08. We invited 325 or so and had about 225 there. There was definitely plenty of room- even if everyone would have come! You'll be fine. We also had the fireworks. My husband added that at the last minute and didn't tell me, so it was his gift to me! So awesome! The pictures are incredible too!
  • edited December 2011
    Tracey325 I saw on your bio that you used Studio Tran I was thinking about using them as well. How was your experience with them?
  • edited December 2011
    Yzzil - I cannot say enough good things about them. I found them online and fell in love with their style of photographs....they were the one vendor I knew we had to have! From the first moment i talked to Beebe on the phone I knew it was a good fit, and when we met him 6 months before our wedding for our engagement session I felt like I had known him forever! The day of our wedding beebe was awesome, so easy going, all of my bridesmaids loved him too!! Since our wedding has been over I have become closer with his wife Corine (the other half of studio tran). They are an absolutely amazing team, so down to earth and so extremely talented. I absolutely am in love with our wedding pictures and have had many people say they are some of the best pics they have ever seen.  So again i cannot recommend them enough, it was worth every penny spent...if you do decide to book them, book them ASAP because they book up VERY quickly! You wont be dissapointed!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards