Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Confused--where should my wedding be?!

I grew up in a small southwestern MN town. My fiance is from northern MN. I do not want to have my wedding where I grew up as there is not much to choose from for vendors and all. However, my parents want me to get married in my hometown but I would prefer getting married where my fiance is from. Is it wrong for me to have the wedding in northern MN?

Re: Confused--where should my wedding be?!

• Options
    No its not wrong. Its your wedding, have it wherever you want.
    Two souls and one thought, two hearts and one pulse imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Who's getting married-you or your parents?Your wedding=you choose.  Now, if they're paying for your wedding, I do think they have some say in it.  So pay for your own wedding, and then you get to make the decisions.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Options
    It's your wedding, you can have it anywhere you want.Just keep in mind that if you are getting financial help from parents, it may very well come with a condition that the wedding be where they are. 
  • Options
    Nope, it's your wedding your choice.
  • Options
    have it where you want! you could always have an at-home-reception later too if you're worried people won't travel. Wherever you have it though, your parents will be there. Don't worry!
  • Options
    Not wrong at all! FI and I live in Saint Paul, FI is from Princeton, MN and I'm from the Green Bay area in WI. The majority of our guests are on my side, but we're still having the wedding in the Twin Cities somewhere. It will be easier for us since we live here, and either way people will have to travel. My parent's are a little upset but they understand it's our wedding so it's our decision where we want to get married.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards