Texas-Austin
Options

Caterer rec for a vegetarian lunch

Hey Knotties-I'm planning our April 1 day-time wedding at Mercury Hall and I'm looking for a good caterer to do a vegetarian lunch for us.  We are especially interested in using as much local/organic sources as possible.  So far I'm talking with Ecstatic Cuisine and like them but I'd love to hear others as well. Maybe Whole Foods and Central Market?Also, can you give me some insight into costs?  We are trying to keep costs down as much as possible, obviously, and I was thinking ~$25-30/person including all the staff and plates, etc.  Should I be able to get it for less?  Or am I being unreasonable?thanks so much!Kelsey

Re: Caterer rec for a vegetarian lunch

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Depending on how many people you will have I'd think you could get a vegetarian menu in that pricepoint with placesettings, staff, etc. from Pink Avacado. They are also committed to using local, organic products whenever possible and can provide bio/green plates, etc. too (don't know price on that). I don't know if Kerby Lane caters but they would be a great option to look at if so.
    ~ Trish Finfer
    Blog

• Options
    julianelsjulianels member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Central Market! Great variety and great prices!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My caterers are great; we actually found them on Craigslist because they are just starting out.  They are all about seasonal ingredients, and one of the two chefs (actually, they are sisters) is a vegetarian... they make some delicious food, and their prices were the best we found.  They are called 2Tarts, and their website is:  http://2tarts.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the 2 Tarts rec, I'll definitely check them out!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards