New York-Long Island

colors for flowers and centerpieces

we are just starting to get information from florists about flowers and centerpieces and tie it into our color scheme which is lilac white and silver. my mom spoke to a florist about these colors and they said since they do not go with the room at our venue (green carpet) we should not use them. they said we should use other colors. shouldnt they go along with the theme? am i wrong? my bridesmaids will be in lilac dresses with silver sashes. i wanted to have maybe lilac and white flowers with maybe silver candles or something on the table. please help

Re: colors for flowers and centerpieces

• stina11stina11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its hard to say without really knowing what your room looks like. You can't make a decision just based on the carpets. My advice though with just what you have said is that it will look just fine. Green is the color of flower stems and florists but greenery in to make bouquets and such look more full. If your theme colors are in more than just the flowers I am pretty sure that your room will look beautiful just the way you want it.
  • edited December 2011
    Lilac, white, and silver don't go with green?! Are they on crack? LOL! If that's the only reason they think it won't go together, I disagree wholeheartedly. Do you have a pic of your reception room so we can give you a better opinion? Other than that, I'd go and talk to a different florist.
  • jordanamnjordanamn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    the carpeting at my venue is also green, like a sage green, and my colors will be purple and white - i think it will look fine!  ultimately the florist works for YOU so you should tell her the colors you want and she should do it for you, even if she disagrees.  I think it will look lovely!!
  • edited December 2011
    More often than not, green is an accent color along with purple! Just check out this inspiration board: Those colors definitely go together.
  • edited December 2011
    I think YOU should have your wedding the way you want. Its not the florist's day, its your day. If you wanted a rainbow of colors then you should have it!
  • bonniebrettbonniebrett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think my room is brown, and my colors are pink, orange and yellow, so i'm fine. but the carpet in the temple is red... real primary color red! but i'm not worrying about it. the girls are wearing blue dresses, and we're carrying the same colors over from the ceremony to the temple.
  • edited December 2011
    Let's also put it this way:What was the color of the carpet at the last 3 weddings you went to?Can't remember can you? Me neither. And I was already engaged and full in planning mode at the last wedding I attended and I *still* didn't note the carpet color. Or what the chairs looked like.
  • edited December 2011
    thank u very much everyone! i appreciate the responses and feel much better about my colors and am annoyed at party sensation for saying stupid things lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards