Wisconsin

Cocktail reception

Hello ladies! I'm just beginning to plan our wedding and have been thinking about doing a cocktail reception. We would like to do our ceremony and reception at the same location. Ceremony starting around 7PM with the cocktail reception to following. Anyone been to something like this? I haven't, but I really like the idea of something different. We will be having a band play. Any good locations come to mind? We are in Kenosha but anywhere in SW WI works.Thanks!

Re: Cocktail reception

• edited December 2011
    Im having my reception at the pfister hotel, and they have been really attentive. I would give them a try!
  • molisarmolisar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would suggest a couple of places (depending on your size of group) -The Abbey in Fontana, WI -Marriott in Racine, WI -Veterans Terrace in Burlington, WI All have great spots for a ceremony with a reception area right after.  I have been to a wedding like you are describing.  I liked have the ceremony and reception at the same place so you dont' have to drive so much.
    My Furbaby Baxter Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Don't have any locations, but that sounds like a great idea. Very guest friendly. Go for it!
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance and I looked at Cuvee in the 3rd Ward of Milwaukee. Check out the website or go try their custom champagne. Its very loungy and they have a space for weddings. We would have gone with it, but decided to do the whole food thing. Cuveemke.com Good luck!
  • Smasher1811Smasher1811 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! That place looks great and just what we are looking for!!!
  • toniinzeotoniinzeo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second the Cuvee recommendation. ALSO...check out The Eisner Museum...it is just around the corner from Cuvee....super neat, and different. Wanted to do mine there, but we opted for Grain Exchange....it just was a little small for a sit down for the amount of guests we are going to have...BUT...if I were doing a cocktail reception, I would have been all over it!!! Katie (the event planner) is delightful too.
  • Smasher1811Smasher1811 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! That place looks great too! I said I would never want my wedding in downtown milwaukee but those are great options that might make me change my mind! Thanks ladies!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards