Just Engaged and Proposals

My Abroad Proposal

Right before our two year anniversary, my at-the-time boyfriend decided to join the US Air Force. His first base is RAF Alconbury in England! After being apart for 8 months (ugh) I decided to go and visit him. After about three months of all of my friends and family asking me "Do you think he is going to propose?!" I got fed up. I really did NOT think it was going to happen because we had talked about marriage as a very far-away thing. I began telling people and myself that I REFUSED to think he was going to propose because 1) I didn't want to be dissapointed if he didn't do it and 2) I didn't want to ruin the surprise. We had decided to spend a few days in England, a few days in Paris (because I have always wanted to go) and one night in London before I was set to fly home. On our second evening in Paris, we decided to get some food and a blanket (which we couldn't find so we used our sweatshirts) and head to the Eiffel Tower to watch it light up. Although we had already seen the Eiffel Tower twice during our stay (our hotel was litterally blocks away), we had not gotten a picture in front of it yet. While I set up our little picnic, Chris went to see if he could find somebody to take our picture. When he returned with out English-speaking impromptu photographer, we posed in front of the tower, when Chris pulled the ring out of his pocket, got down on one knee, and popped the question. It was perfect! After I accepted and our photographer took about 5 pictures, the large crowd that gathers there every night gave a round of applause and a nice on-looked gave us each a glass of wine to celebrate. It was the most romantic proposal I could have ever imagined, and it turns out that all of those friends and family that had been pestering me knew it was going to happen for months. We will be getting married in January 2011 and are so excited!
Anniversary

Re: My Abroad Proposal

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards