Colorado-Denver

RSVP via Email

Hey ladies, I just rsvp'd to a wedding via email with the option of calling. They didn't send response cards. I was wondering if any of you did that and what kind of response you got. It would save on postage.Thanks!

Re: RSVP via Email

• edited December 2011
    It's a very interesting idea, but in my mind it's still somewhat tacky. If it was a save-the-date email, that would be fine, but going that route for the invitations screams cheap. I would find another route to cut costs, especially when you can make your own for less than $50.
  • princeatudeprinceatude member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, they still sent a invite but the rsvp was via email and phone opposed to sending the response card back.
  • edited December 2011
    Oh, I understand! I bet they have to get ahold of a lot of people, though. If guests have a hard time placing a card in the mail, I bet even less of them respond by email or calling. It is an idea, though!
  • edited December 2011
    I never thought I would do it, but now that I have gotten very few RSVP postcards back, I am thinking I wish I offered the option via our wedding website to RSVP.  Maybe there would be a few more responses by now....
  • edited December 2011
    For a semi-formal or causal wedding, I think it's a fine idea.  My friend did it for her wedding because she works for EPA and is super eco-conscious.  There were no issues and she ended up having to call maybe 10 out of 200 people b/c they did not RSVP.  No one seemed to miss the RSVP cards, even her older guests who were used to more traditional customs.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards