Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Planner

Hello!

I am looking for someone to do wedding coordinating for the week of my wedding.  I'm a producer and basically plan big events for a living, so I just need someone to handle logistics for that week/day.  Does anyone have any suggestions of budget friendly planners?  I just can't rationalize spending $2,000 for one week of work (when I could probably do most things myself).

Thanks in advance!

Re: Planner

• Options
    hollybee92hollybee92 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    From what I've heard, week/day of planning is more expensive than one would think, mainly because it's pretty hard to come in at the last minute and still have everything under control.  Check out the weddingchannel.com vendor reviews and just start sending emails!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What venue are you using? I was pleasantly surprised that my venue had multiple coordinators on top of my event the day it happened. Seriously, I was stunned (and I used to work for major hotels as an event coordinator). Make sure they don't have someone lined up before you commit to spending the money. My venue was AMAZING and went above and beyond.
  • Options
    redwards16redwards16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just got married in NOLA and used Christina Caruso - she was amazing. I live in Chicago and she went above and beyond what I expected... The day before the wedding we learned that the band didn't get its permit for the second line and she ran to the police station and begged for a permit - and got it!  She was on top of everything and had great ideas and taste.  I just showed up the day of and everything was perfect.
  • Options
    Queen JaneQueen Jane member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://allaboutevents.net/

Carolyn has day of packages as low as $500. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards