• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
January 2010 Weddings

Dumbest poll ever

Are you getting your cake server engraved? Totally not an important expense, but I want it done and FI thinks we should just do whatever my parents did and since they didn't do theirs... I don't get why he thinks we should do what they did... they got married over 30 years ago!

Re: Dumbest poll ever

• we are getting ours engraved, but only because it came free with the purchase.

Visit The Nest!
  • i never thought of that. hmmm. ill ask FI tonight what he thinks but it def wont come free with ours and i dont think i want to pay to have it done. we'll see what he says.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are using my parents' set, but come to think of it, we'll need another set for FI's gluten free cake...I have no idea!
  • I think unless it was "free with purchase", I probably wouldn't bother with it ... but honestly getting it done isn't that important to me, so take it from where it comes.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • I havent ever thought about it, so Im saying No to that.  Just seems like another expense, and Id rather put the money towards something else.
  • my mom made it seem like someone at my shower was "supposed" to get the set for us...or i guess that some one was planning on it...so i guess its up to what ever that person gets. she also said that someone is supposed to get my my garter as well ??!! I accidentally yelled at her for that one because I thought that was just wayyyy to weird. If I were to get them on my own, I probably wouldnt even get them engraved. I'm also the type to not even really care if the cake server was from the venue.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Maybe this is a stupid question, but am I wrong to assume that the venue will provide this for me? I really don't care about having a special set, so I'd rather not buy it at all if I don't have to.
    imageimage
    BFP on Jan. 18; EDD Oct. 1
    EDD Oct. 1 image
  • raeyn--I'm sure they have to have something at your venue..that is if they do other weddings/events where cake is served.
    TTC Buddies with JennaHack and 102007(Congrats!)!
    Baby Blog
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's a waste of money if you ask me.  We are getting or renting a cheap set.  We don't eat much cake anyway and it's one of those things that you really don't use that often.  I feel like sentimentally you have lots of other things to keep!
  • Thanks everyone! That was pretty helpful, actually. Don't think we'll do it, FI keeps getting on me to spend less. But I heart cake, so it will get lots of use after the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards