Nebraska-Omaha

Working out with Katie Koffman

For people who worked out with her, I'm interested! Where is she located? Did you go to her or did she come to you? Thanks, Sara

Re: Working out with Katie Koffman

• edited December 2011
    I think you mean Katie Kottmann? :-) She mainly trains out of her home - which is up around the 102nd and Maple area - super easy to get to as it's right off the interstate there.  You'll go to her house - she's got all the equipment in their basement.  Initialy you'll probably do a 'meet and greet' with her where you'll go, meet her, she'll go over everything with you, chat about pricing and things, and see if it sounds like it will work for you.  (I don't think you have to pay for this session - don't quote me on that though...).  If you decide you want to do it, you'll schedule out a time to come back!For my regular sessions, I usually do a 5 minute warm up on the treadmill then 3 sets of a weights/cardio circut.  Then she emails you your weekly planner of what your workout routine for that week should be.  Good luck!!  I hope it works out for you!
  • amandag29amandag29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey, I don't mean to hijack your post. But, I wanted to give you another name for a personal trainer too, just so you have options if Katie isn't available, etc. I work out with Lisa Curry, (402) 677-9701. I believe that she charges $35/session. She will accomodate you wherever you want to work out. We normally meet at a high school track, and she brings any equipment that we use. I believe that another knottie on this board has also worked out with her - Nurse_Christina, I think.
  • dingwomancakedingwomancake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input - please keep it coming! I do treadmill and then sauna in my home 5 mornings/week (sometimes more), but can't seem to make myself do weights. Really need them. Am looking for a trainer who can work with me on weights. Used to do PowerPump at the Y, but after a job change it wasn't convenient. I've lost about 22 pounds, have about 10 to go before October 3, 2009. REALLY want to shape up my arms and tone up other parts! I live way out west at 245th and Q. Would like to work out 2 times/wk for the next 6 weeks. Thanks again, please offer any thoughts! Sara
  • ThisIsMelindaThisIsMelinda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I first met with Katie, the first 2 sessions were free as they were an opportunity for her to see what you were capable of and get your measurements, etc. Our sessions were also mostly weightlifting-so it would be perfect for you-but then somedays we would do 15-30 min of cardio. She will also give you nutrition guidelines. I highly recommend her. She is so nice and will give you workouts that are exactly what you need. I lost 33 lbs and 4 sizes from seeing her.good luck!---Melinda
  • edited December 2011
    I have actually recommended Katie to quite a few people, love her services!  Like the above posts she does train out of her home, but also does remote training on a monthly plan.  Her husband Dan is also a certified nutritionist and will give you a monthly meal plan if you choose to do so.  I have lost about 9% body fat, about 10lbs, and have gained a ton of muscle from working with her.  She is great! If you need anything else, just ask!Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    I am interested in her also....does anyone know approximately what she charges??
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.goalfitnessandnutrition.com/Here is her website info.  Her costs all depend on what services you are looking for and when.  Time of day, weekdays, or weekends, that kind of stuff.  Their website is user friendly and has ways to contact them.  HTH and Good Luck!
  • dingwomancakedingwomancake member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your info everyone! Last Wed I sent an e-mail to Katie using her main website and immediately got an auto response from her husband saying someone would contact me shortly. When noone did I repeated the process, but still nothing... ?? Maybe they're out of town. Sara
  • ThisIsMelindaThisIsMelinda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try this email: kottmannk@goalfitnessandnutrition.comI don't know what the email from the website is; but I can usually get in touch with her with this email.Hope it helps!--Melinda
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards