Georgia-Atlanta

Recommendations for a String Quartet

Ladies,I'd like to have a string quartet play before and during the processional, etc.Has anyone used a quartet?  Are they expensive?  Can you recommend one?

Re: Recommendations for a String Quartet

• cutypie953cutypie953 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I have done all the research on this one!  my FI and I are both professional musicians so finding someone that sounded good was a biggy for us!  We are using After 5 string quartet.  We met with them at one of their rehearsals and they played several songs for us.  They were very friendly and flexiable.  if you ahve singers they can accompany them or if you have a certain song, they have someone who can arrange it for you.  They are playing my cocktail hour as well, with all pop music!!  They are charging $795 for the ceremony and $200 for the cocktail hour.  There are a few others I have talked to-Poulenc String Quartet-$895Allegro Strings-$980 (this group included members of the Atlanta Symphony)Bella Musica-$975There are others out there, some even cheaper, but first listen to their online recordings.  There were many where we heard their mistakes on the recordings!  If that is what they advertise with, I'd be concerned about what they sound like live!  You don't want the wrong notes or out of tune playing to destract from you and your wedding party.If you want more of the info I have feel free to email me, cutypie953 @ aol .com
  • edited December 2011
    You're a lifesaver!  I have no training in music so your expertise regarding which quartets are good is very welcomed!! Thanks! Will they play the entire ceremony and anytime before?  I was reading about one group and they advertised playing 20-30 minutes before the wedding starts also, which I thought would be absolutely fabulous for setting the tone and for the enjoyment of our guests. My fiance's mom is a concert pianists and his brother is a professional violists so, unless they have some friends in Atlanta that will do it for the cost of a reception dinner plate :), we'll be going with your recommendation! Thanks again!
    edited December 2011
    Yes, they will play for 20-30 minutes before the ceremony before the guests arrive.  They are very good about honoring your request for any music you want played beforehand and they will work with you to choose the music for the processional and recessional.  let me know if you need their contact info!
  • edited December 2011
    Great.  Yes, I'd love to have their information.   I will give them a call. Thanks so much!
    edited December 2011
    There website is www.afterfivestringquartet.com and there contact person is Deborah Geering (all contact info is on the website).  Tell her Stacy and Daniel sent you :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards