Rhode Island

makeup?

Hi All! For those married girls who still help us engaged gals--are you happy to have gotten your makeup done--or if you did it yourself--are you happy you did it that way--not quite sure what to do yet!

Re: makeup?

• pmpkn219pmpkn219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got mine done- this was a no-brainer for me, I barely wear more than moisturizer any given day, I could Never have done it alone. That being said, my cousin who's an esthetician did mine, so it was pretty easy to go with the free professional!I do think it would be best to get someone, unless you do a lot of special event makeup on yourself. Ex: I was done up more than I thought I should in real life, but for pics (esp B&W) it was perfect.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I am definitely having someone do it b/c they are the expert and like pp said, they know what works best for photos.  Plus, I want to be pampered!  I don't want to be worrying about it.  If you have a hair person, can they recommend someone for you?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had it done recently for my sister's wedding...this was the first time it was done for a special event...I honestly can't imagine NOT getting it done.I'm okay with doing my own make up but unless you're extremely into make up, have lots of experience doing it, your friends always ask you to do theirs.....if not I'd definitely do it.I felt like I had alot on, but in the pictures I thought it looked perfectly appropriate!
  • samsonj14samsonj14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I decided to get it done at the last minute and my photog said pro makeup makes all the difference in your pics... SO glad I did!
  • edited December 2011
    Got mine done and LOVED it! But I know a few girls on here who did it themselves and it looked lovely If makeup is your "thing" and you think you want to try doing it yourself-go for it! Just do a bunch of trials beforehand obviously :)
  • MrkyrainMrkyrain member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Getting your makeup done professionally makes a huge difference. It really completes the look and makes you glow in pictures. I had a horrible make-up artist but it was still better than if I had tried to do it myself.
  • AmyRIAmyRI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I did it myself. We were on a tight budget, and there was no way I could swing $100 just on makeup. Plus, I have sensitive skin so I'm limited to the types of products I can use, and I hate the way I feel so fake looking when other people do my makeup. So, I practiced a lot, read a lot of stuff online about making sure it looks right, stays on, and shows up in pics. The only thing I bought specifically for my wedding was an eyeshadow primer. It was definitely needed, and I didn't need to retouch anything but my lipstick the whole night. In the end, I'm really glad I didn't waste the money on it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • chixfilachixfila member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Krystal Treanor for my wedding this past June and I am SO happy that i had it done. It was worth every penny.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards