Chit Chat

Photographers 1 or 2?

I am just curious on your thoughs of having 1 or 2 photographers at your wedding?? The only reason I can think of having 2 is for when i walk down the aisle, one could focus on me and one my fiance! BUT it seems like around here a lot of places charge a lot more for 2. At our reception we're going to have cameras on the tables and things, so that can capture a lot of "candid shots" but I just can't decide!! Any thoughts? Thanks!!

Re: Photographers 1 or 2?

• If you can afford it, go with two.  No one person can capture everything.  We just had one photog.  The only thing he really missed is that we were late starting the entrance to the reception because two members of our BP wandered off after the ceremony, and when we finally got started, photog was doing detail shots and couldn't get over to us until almost everyone was inside, so he only got my brother and then DH and I.
  • Go with two! If you haven't already booked someone, have a look at www.renetate.com. Her wedding package includes a second shooter. I don't know where you live, but it doesn't matter as she will travel anywhere (just recently to Puerto Rico). She's my photographer!
    BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
  • A friend from highhool, who is now a professional photographer, but just getting in to the field (aka cheaper) is going to shoot our wedding.  But I also have a cousin who is a long time proffesional and I hope that if she can shoot some if she wants too, and otherwise just enjoy the wedding festivities.  So we are kinda going with 2
    My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
    Married August 14th, 2010
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We had 2 for the reasons stated by PP. We only had 1 stay for the reception though. It was definately worth having both there.
  • I'm using three plus myself but that's because I work for a photography studio. I'm getting special treatment. I suggest using two or more if the photos from the wedding are the most important to you. With only one photog you lose the little moments that can be captured on camera like the battle involved with fixing your train that result with your mom and a bridesmaid struggling under your skirt or the little moments between you and your husband whispering lovingly in each other's ear at the head table. More advantages to having multiple photogs is the variety of angles they will take of you has you walk down the isle. Usually we position one photog at the front of the room while the other is capturing the action in the back. This results in amazing shots that don't look too similar when lined up next to each other in the photo album. Lastly, all photographers are different. Some excel at shooting posed shots where as others like myself are gifted with shooting candid, photo-journalistic shots. With multiple photographers you will get an amazing variety of pictures.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards