• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
July 2011 Weddings

Your latest addition...

Hey July 2011 brides! Just wanted to take a moment and introduce myself to the club. I'm 27, just got engaged last month and am loving the planning process! I live in Europe, but almost all of my family and naturally all of my friends from childhood, HS and college are in the states, which is why we've set the date so far in the future (to leave people enough time to save up for tickets and buy them in advance).So what made you ladies choose July 2011?xx*m*
Wedding Countdown Ticker
DW Siggy: Current Books
White Knot
image 149 Received the invite of the century. image 90 are coming to party with the unicorns! image 37 will miss out on the good food and eat hot pockets instead. image 22 think I'm psychic.

My Bio, updated 4/24/11

Re: Your latest addition...

• Welcome & Congrats!! A wedding in Europe is going to be amazing!!! We are waiting until July 2011 for saving purposes as well--we both have very large families! Can't wait to hear all your planning ideas!! Happy Planning!!!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Hello!  Welcome to July 2011 board!!  We chose to get married so far in advance because I have 3 semesters left in school, financial reasons, and we both love summer and think it would be the best time for a wedding...
  • Congrats & Welcome!!Where are you located in Europe? That is so cool!Is the knot big over seas?We chose July 2011 because FI and I will be a year out of college (enough time to save up and get a place) and because I am going to be a teacher so I need to be a summer bride :)So excited you've joined us!!
    Photobucket
  • Hey and welcome!Congrats and welcome to the board.  FI and I chose July 2011 because of $$ like most as well as the teacher thing.  We're both out of school (for 2 years...wow!!).  Lets have some details about the wedding!! Where, when, etc. 
  • Oh true...I am a teacher as well!! Gotta have the summer wedding!
    ~Miss.~
    ~Mrs.~
    **Password: kls114**
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
  • Hee hee, yeah 1 of my jobs is teaching, my FI is in school/part-time job is @ a middle school, my MOH and 2 of my BMs are teachers, so a summer wedding was a given! (Plus I have always always wanted an outdoor ceremony, which are hard to do in December if you're not somewhere tropical ;) )I'm in France (so if any of you want travel tips, feel free to ask ;), and the knot isn't translated, so the ladies here don't know of it really. Which is a shame, since I think the knot could strike something big if they started culturally and linguistically translating themselves for other countries!We've got our color palette picked out (purples and soft yellows), we're scouting for locations in and around Bourges (which is the city where we met: [url]http://hubpages.com/hub/Bourges_Shows_Visitors_Heart_France[/url]and we're actually looking at one tomorrow! (technically today ;) We've also got our bridal party settled: 6BM incl. my MOH, 6 GM and 3 ushers. I want everything to be gorgeous (what girl doesn't? ;) but I'm on a budget, so I'll be doing a lot of the stuff myself and am really excited about that part! Oh and tomorrow we're testing out potential signature cocktails, yum!!What about you girls? How far into the planning are you?xoxo*m*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    DW Siggy: Current Books
    White Knot
    image 149 Received the invite of the century. image 90 are coming to party with the unicorns! image 37 will miss out on the good food and eat hot pockets instead. image 22 think I'm psychic.

My Bio, updated 4/24/11
  • Wow congrats and welcome! I would love to get married in Europe!! :) that sounds amazing!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards