Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

::Donna::

I just looked at your Bio and I think it is fabulous. You're wedding looks like it will be amazing, especially the food. Oh, the food... I just kept reading it over and over thinking about how I would just eat the entire time... :) Nice work!

Re: ::Donna::

• Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you Emi!  We're big foodies so we knew we couldn't skimp on food and drinks.  The flowers are another story, hehe :)
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    leeann2001leeann2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hey donna. i agree, your menu looks delicious. my fiance and I actually switched our venue from WP to the Filter Bldg. We decided to do the Friday wedding and are excited to have the rest of the weekend with our friends/family. Who else did you look into for catering before deciding to go with Wendy? We have the preferred list and are overwhelmed. Any suggestions or thoughts would be super helpful!! thanks.
  • Options
    DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Leeann, yeah the Filter Bldg's preferred caterer's list is just everyone who's worked there before, basically you're allowed any caterer who is licensed and has insurance. We did tastings with (in order of preference): 1) Wendy Krispin - who we went with. She and Culinary Arts catering were the most expensive, but I just felt that the ingredients she was using was on par with a 4-star restaurant, versus a banquet caterer. Her tuna tar tar actually had perfectly seared tuna with a raw interior, versus Jim Lee's tuna tar tar which tasted like tinny canned not-so-goodness. 2) Guess Who's Coming to Dinner - this was our second favorite, and they were actually the cheapest. Guess Who's Coming to Dinner gives you great value for the money, and everything tastes great. The only reason we went with Wendy was because her menu was just dang creative (watermelon gazpacho?) whereas Guess Who's Coming to Dinner had a more standard type menu. Still tasted good, we just wanted something a little different and exciting. 3) Culinary Art Catering - about the same price as Wendy Krispin, food was hit and miss. Nothing was terrible, but ran into some dry chicken issues. For the price, we weren't that impressed. 4) Jim Lee Events - they were very responsive and the menu sounded great on paper, but the tasting didn't match the description on the menu. It just seemed like food you could buy in bulk at Sam's and reheat and serve... ok that's being harsh, but I really wasn't impressed with the ingredients. They were the second least expensive. Hope that helps!
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    leeann2001leeann2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much. That is a HUGE help. I appreciate you taking the time to write all that. I will have to contact Wendy and see what she's all about. And definitely Guess Who's... :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards