Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Why Am I Upset?

I have a very small bridal party, 2 to be exact.  So my mom is running the show for the shower, and that is just how I want it.  I know the date and that is all.  My mom is a wreck worried that someone will slip and let something out about the shower, not sure what but I guess there are always some surprises.  My FI will also be at the shower since she feels its for him too, which Im fine with.  Esp since I dont know many people on his side anyway, him being there will be a help with that.So the invites went out last week and yesterday my FI was over my FMIL's to visit and SHE SHOWED HIM THE INVITE!  I jsut know my mom would be so upset if she knew that he found out about it.  But I am so mad at her.  She does this all the time, she needs to keep her mouth shut.  We were over there a few weeks ago and family from his side that I never met were also vitising and all she wanted to talk about was the wedding.  I dont need every detail discussed with everyone, then the surprises are ruined.  Also, they dont want to listen to that all night.Ughh!

Re: Why Am I Upset?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok Did FMIL know that this was a secret? Commonly it might be a secret from the bride but is almost never a secret from the groom. This is a culture difference and you might need to get used to different families do things different. If you do not want to talk wedding details simply say " Oh the whole event will be great and we can not wait for you to be surprized by it that day. So how is your underwater basketweaving hobby going???"
  • Options
    megdubsmegdubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, she knew, I should have said that, that was why I was upset.  My mom asked her not to say anything and she did. Thanks for the comeback!  :)  Ive learned my lesson and will not be telling her anything else....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    did the invite say "surprise shower" on it? I wouldn't let it upset you.  You can turn a deaf ear when people start talking about it in front of you.  Get up and leave the room. 
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards