Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

told you so!

I just want to pull an "I told you so" with my FI.  Back in March when we picked our bridesmaids and groomsmen, my plan was to only have 3 ladies, but he insisted that he be able to ask his friend from CA, whom I know is totally flakey and has a crazy wife and so I chose 4 girls to be bridesmaids. So I was like sure honey, go ahead and ask but don't be disappointed if he flakes out.  So it took weeks of phone tag before his friend would commit to being a groomsmen but finally said yes.  Well we are not inviting children to our wedding except children in our immediate family.  His friend says he'll only come if he can bring his wife and 1 of their 3 kids (totally random, a whole other long story to explain that one).  Well I DO NOT want them to bring a kid because I know his wife will constantly be expecting him to tend to her and the kid and they have family in town that could watch her.  So, my FI says "well if we let you come with your wife and kid are you going to promise to participate in all the wedding activities and not ditch out early" and he said "No, I cant promise you that." So now FI wants to just tell him he's not welcome to be part of our day anymore and now I have an extra bridesmaid, which isn't a huge deal, but never would have been a problem in the first place if he hadn't insisted----aaahhh! Sorry for the long rant!

Re: told you so!

• Options
    AimothyAimothy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Boys...when will they realize we are far superior in our thinking?? :)I hope it all works out for you! I've realized throughout this planning process...I can't control others' actions. And some people are idiots. :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards