Texas-Austin

If you're not planning on a video...

May I humble suggest that you reconsider?I don't even own a videocamera, and a videographer was never on my budget. I didn't even think the video was that big of a deal. After all, we get photos, right?  Today, which is exactly 2 months after my wedding, we received our wedding video, and watching it tonight has been so beautiful and touching... I now know I would have really missed out on a special keepsake.I am lucky that my husband's stepdad happens to own a videocamera, and just a few days before the wedding agreed to tape our wedding. It is *nothing professional at all* but he did have a tripod. There's no jittering but also no following the action, either. Still, it's AMAZING because it's actual footage of our wedding!So a word of unsolicited advice, if like me, a videographer is just not on your budget. Ask around, spread the word, and maybe a relative or friend will bring their video camera to your wedding!  It will be the best wedding gift anyone could give you!

Re: If you're not planning on a video...

• shanwalk2shanwalk2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i completely agree. get something. we paid $75 for a videographer to come in and video the ceremony, then a friend that had a camcorder videod the speeches, and random parts of the reception. Although I don't have a $2,000 video - having footage of our wedding day is so special to me. I won't show it to anyone, or play it at family reunions, I just like having it - and hopefully someday I'll put it back in and remember how amazing that day was.
  • MnMShawMnMShaw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto other pp.  Search craigslist.  We found our guy for absolutely free and he was there for 6 hours recording.  IT. IS. AMAZING!  I can't imagine not having one.
    Blog
    TTC #1 since February 2011
    BFP #1 1/14/12 EDD 9/24/12 m/c at 8w4d on 2/20/12
    March 2012- Dx with PCOS, started metformin
    July 2012- SA completely normal
  • henderstraushenderstraus member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My uncle is doing ours. He's done all of my cousins' weddings as well. I also had friends add on their wedding website that they were looking for a friend to tape the wedding and a wedding guest filmed their ceremony in lieu of a traditional wedding present.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards