Wedding Party

Bridal party dates?

I may sound completely dumb by asking this but, are bridal party members allowed to invite dates?

Re: Bridal party dates?

• The traditional answer is yes, they are if they're in a long-term, committed relationship.Having said that, I think that if it's in your budget, it's nice to allow them to bring a date, particularly if they don't really know a lot of people at the wedding.
    "Trix, it's what they/our parents wanted. Why so judgemental? And why is your wedding date over a year and a half ago? And why do you not have a groom's name? And why have you posted over 12,000 posts? And why do you always say mean things to brides?" palegirl146
  • Two of the BMs were engaged at the time of the wedding.One MOH was almost engaged and did marrry one of the GM, long story there.The other MOH had JUST split from her boyfriend of two years.  Not a good scene at all.That left the two FSILS and they were not really dating anyone and both wanted to attend solo.whew
  • You aren't obligated to invite Mr. X to your wedding, but if they have a SO/BF/GF/FI/DH, etc. then yes. For seating: We had a sweetheart table and then a regular guest table that fit all the WP and their dates.
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • Thanks ladies!!
  • Like other guests they are only required to have dates invited if married, engaged , or living together. However these are your closest friends who are doing a ton for your wedding and if it will make them happier to have a date for your wedding offering them that option is a kind thing to do  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards