New York-New York City

Custom made suit for Groom

Hello,I am posting on behalf of my fiance.He is short like me and would like to get for once in his life a custom made suit that fits him perfectly for the wedding and to be used for job interviews.I can't seem to find much in the Boston area where we live and I was wondering what couples from NYC are doing. I found one place in Newton, MA of a tailor that makes suits for the Boston Celtics so of course the price is very expensive.Any suggestions?

Re: Custom made suit for Groom

• edited December 2011
    what is he willing to spend? 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    DH gets his suits made at Luigi’s on 7th Ave between 20th-21st.  AWESOME!  Georgeous, timeless tailoring.  He's got Luigi suits that he's still wearing after 10 years. 
  • edited December 2011
    Well there's no set price. This suit would be an investment. If you could recommend someone who you know is good from experience then we would be willing to pay money.I'm trying to get an idea for how much a custom made suit would cost to get an idea of the range.My future father in law travels to Asia for work and gets his custom suits there for like $100. It's sad to know we can't get good deals like that here in the US!
  • edited December 2011
    Approx. how much does a suit cost?
  • edited December 2011
    Have you heard of La Rukico in NYC. They seem to have a lot of good reviews online.
  • edited December 2011
    My fiance went to Duncan Quinn and it depends on the fabric and the other details but he spent 5600 and it looks amazing. Definitely an investment but if I can spend the same amount on a dress that I will wear once, he should get to spend the same on something he can wear forever. There are suits that Duncan does that cost less but you can figure at least 3k.
  • edited December 2011
    I remember DH spending about $1000 on some,  up to $2000 on others. 
  • edited December 2011
    the tailor that your future FIL gets his suits from, does he ever come to the US?  many of the asian tailors come to the states twice a year, if you know one of them, you can usually call and find out when they are coming. 
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Thanksgiving tickersphoto 307df189-2dc4-4bea-9b76-9ac6ceda8155_zps59ea37ee.jpgphoto c779d75a-0807-4fcc-b206-432ab43bdb6d_zpsf12ebd56.jpg
  • edited December 2011
    My husband got his tux at Saint Laurie on 32nd street. It's an amazing little shop. Really beautiful bolts of fabric everywhere, and it's run by the 4th generation of the original owner's family. He spent about $2k on the tux, but wow, was it worth it. I've never seen anything fit him that way. He plans to go back for more suits/slacks/sportcoats, etc, soon.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards