Wedding Party

Wedding party gifts...

My fiance and I aren't sure what to do for gifts for our wedding party. We don't have a whole lot to spend maybe $20-$30 a person give or take...we had glasses engraved for them with their name for the champagne at the reception, but that's it so far. We obviously want to get them something nice and not your typical personalized flask or tote bag...any creative, fun, different ideas? I have been looking at the online wedding shops and all for gifts and its all kind of the same ol stuff. Any ideas? :-)

Re: Wedding party gifts...

• Stop looking at wedding shops.  Get them gifts that speak to them, and don't worry about matching.  Think about each person, what would you buy them for Christmas with that budget?  There you go.  Think about their individual hobbies and interests.  If nothing else GC to their favorite stores.
  • I found a tote bag and some cosmetic bags at Marshall's and Burlington Factory, respectively, for my one BM. I spent a total of $16 on three items. They're brand-name items but getting them from discount stores saved me money. I got my MOH a Coach cosmetic bag from a Coach outlet, and I will get each of them some other things (maybe gift cards, DVDs or books they'll like, wine, etc.). FI hasn't shopped for the guys yet, but he saw a tailgating kit he thought was cool, since both guys like football. Try the aforementioned stores, plus Christmas Tree Shop and Target. I've gotten a lot of bang for my buck in those stores. You can get discounted magazine subscriptions on Amazon.com, and overstock.com has some neat stuff. They don't all have to get the same stuff, remember. Keep it similar in value but go by their individual interests.
  • Cool, yeah that makes sense :-) lol thanks :-) always open to ideas :-D
  • I don't know yet what I'm getting all my BMs.  I am getting each of them a necklace from a seller on Etsy.com that I can personalize to their style.  They weren't very expensive- less than $10 each.  I have heard from others to make sure to read the seller reviews- some folks have had mixed results with some of the vendors.  I'm getting my MOH a John Deere capcatcher from capcatchers.com.  I think they're typically groomsmen gifts, but what can I say- she likes to drink beer and it will come in handy.  Her husband thinks she'll love it.  It wasn't super cheap- about $30, but it's definitely different! 
  • Tide had a great idea of using the free products from Vistaprint to put together a personalized stationery set for each girl.  You'd have to do it in several different orders and pay shipping, but it's probably pretty cheap and they've got some nice designs.I would look on Etsy as well for some beautiful and unique jewelry and other fun customized gifts.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • I got my BMs flip flops to change into at the reception and a shall.
  • The other ladies gave great advice.  Shop like you're buying them a birthday gift - not something for your wedding.PP, flip flops and a shawl can be nice but if they're items your BMs need to use for your wedding, those aren't gifts.   It's a  contribution you're making to their attire.
  • Stop looking at wedding shops instead ask yourself about each person what is the nicest thing I can get to make that person happy for $25. Then get that item whatever it may be they do not all have to be the sam e
  • Etsy rocks, I'm going to get jewelry from there for my girls. And maybe a cool purse for them to use for the wedding.I'm also going to make them up a tote bag kinda thing with their favorite scents from bath and body works.Fi is getting the guys Capcatcher bottle openers from[url]http://www.capcatchers.com[/url]They're really cool, we haven't seen anything out there like them for the guys. Really fun stuff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards