Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

blue debate..

I am definitely 50-50 between aqua blue and cornflower blue. Our flowers are going to be raspberry, fuschia, and light pinks. Originally I really wanted more of a true blue (like cornflower) but I'm still not sure how it would look with the pinks and how it would all come together. I also like the aqua and how it looks with the pink, but I fear that it would be a tad on the obnoxious side. I don't want to look back at my pics in 20 years and wonder what I was thinking. The dress that we are going to get is satin and has both blues. It is all in my bio... What do you think?? I know you girls will give honest opinions :)
August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*

Re: blue debate..

• Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm partial to the aqua :) Personally, in terms of color trends, cornflower blue is post-peak/dying, and aqua is more on-trend right now.  The thing about color is that nothing is going to not look "weird" come 20 years, other than black and white maybe!  Do what you like best - we're all going to look back and wonder what we were thinking!
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    kristigileskristigiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah I think I'm more partial to the aqua too. The only reason I started to change my mind maybe is because the particular dress we're going to get is so pretty in the cornflower. I think in aqua its going to be pretty bright, but i've only seen a swatch
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • Options
    LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I remember the dress right, Bahama Breeze is pretty loud!  We used Belsoie's "Turquoise," which was very lovely.
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like aqua over cornflower blue as well.  I think aqua also goes betters with pinks too (like what LS had for her wedding).  I really like th BM dresses that you picked out, but I would choose the aqua color.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm very partial to the aqua (probably because that's what color my dresses are going to be) Plus I'm going for fuchsia and orange flowers! So you won't be the only one with "loud and obnoxious" wedding pics!! I don't think you're crazy at all!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards