Attire & Accessories Forum

What months are the best for dress shopping?

We have not picked a date yet and I know all the business about leaving time for the dress to come in and alterations etc. Aside from that, I'm wondering when the best time to try on dress might be? Maybe the slower months? When the new designs come out? TIA!

Re: What months are the best for dress shopping?

• i defintely agree with pp. I did alot of looking around online and fell in love with Maggie Sottero so i searched for when she was going to have a trunk show and got mine then..i had over a year til the wedding when i ordered it. But at the trunk show, they had tons of new dresses and older ones too.HTH : )
  • April to September generally is a good time.  The reason is that is when the stores are pressured to push out their inventory especially when clearing certain styles out for the next season.  January is the worst month.  That's because all the brides that have gotten engaged over the holidays are hitting the stores immediately. The only issue is that you may find them busy with brides that are getting married those months.  If you go shopping for a dress you will get better service if you make time to go in on a weekday rather than on the weekend. That way you can get more individual attention.Typically, the fashion houses have their designs a year in advance.  Sometimes you will be able to get something for a collection that will not debut until a year later if you go to a trunk show.  I remember when I was looking a dresses and went to a trunk show, Kenneth Pool had dresses from their Spring 2010 there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards