Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

craptastic monday

So at work , there was going to be a new position opening up that would more of an a"office" job and I was so excited about it and it looked like i had a really good chance of getting it ( and in all honesty I was excited cause it would give me more time to knot during the day also..haha) well today I was told that due to the state budget crisis the county will no longer be able to fund the position in our program :( so back to driving all over creation...oh and to top it off one of my bm's in my wedding is getting married and I was hoping to be in her wedding and I don't think I am...I know I know I should not be upset and I'm not, just a teensy bit disappointed. Hope the rest of everyone else's monday was better!

Re: craptastic monday

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aww, I'm sorry to hear about the position. Maybe something new will open up or the funding will eventually come across. Hang in there!

Vacation

• Options
    McBridetobeMcBridetobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, I'm sorry to hear that! Honestly, being a BM is a PITA.  :)  Be glad you escaped!  Ask her if there is anything you can do to help with the day...being her DOC, taking care of final payments to vendors, or even just making sure she eats and gets a drink or two at the reception, etc.  I'd much rather have that job! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Yeah, it's ok. I just want a job where I go in at the same time and leave at the same time and is a tad bit  less stressful but everything happens for a reason?? right??
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    you are right KR. Thanks for the different spin. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw, girl, I'm sorry that today is craptastic. Mondays are craptastic anyway without adding layers of craptasticness to it. Vibes for a good job your way sooner than later that stops you from driving all over the place and allows you to knoti it up! And that stinks about your friend and the BM situation. Are you sure that you aren't?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Molly!Oh and remember that email about that other job I emailed you about? They offered it to me, however it was for way way way way way way I'd be living in a box salary so I couldn't take it :(As far as the BM situation goes...I don't know for sure but I saw her on fb write on one of her friend's wall about the cost of dresses so I think it's a good possiblity. I just feel so silly for being a little upset considering I just planned a wedding and I know how tough those decisions are. I'll get over it and have fun at the wedding. It was just one to many things today!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh, why can't we be independently wealthy so that we can work for pennies? I understand feeling that way about the BM situation, but it really is a blessing in disguise. It is a pain to be a BM in many ways. Just go and drink and be merry! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Many job vibes your way- I hope something somewhere opens up so you don't have to travel as much! I think I'd feel the same way on the BM situation. I like KR's ideas though- you can still offer to help in a different way. If not, then you can just relax and enjoy the wedding. :-)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I knew I could count on your girls to help me through my Monday funk!Kim- yes, KR's ideas are great!!Molly, yes, independently wealthy...excellent idea..oh and I read the GM post..good luck on your new adventure!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. :)   Should be interesting. :P
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My monday has been craptastic as well.  And I completely understand about the BM situation. monday vent: I'm getting my new fridge tomorrow (yay), but they wont tell me when it'll be delivered and neither FI or I can take off work (boo).  Still have yet to figure that one out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    marsburs: depending on the time...i could possible be at your house..my job is really really flexible...my schedule is pretty open this week...let me know if I can help you out...that's what neighbors are for ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards