Hawaii
Options

Professional printer or at home printer?

In the midst of doing my own invites and I got back the sample from the printer yesterday....so much better looking than my epson photo quality printer.  My delimma is the cost of course.  How did those of you that DIYd your invites decide to use your own printer or get them professionally done?

Re: Professional printer or at home printer?

• Options
    AngelshannAngelshann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I DIYd my pocketfold invites however I had them printed at Office Max. The quality is 100% better!! I was amazed at how much better they looked when printed by Office Max. They charged me $ 0.49 a sheet and I was able to squeeze on 3 invitations per sheet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We DIY'd ours and they looked GREAT!!! We used one of those kits from Michaels, but if you have already created yours then by all means go right ahead. There are also a few website that will give you templates. Or the idea above is great, having Kinkos or Offic Max just print them not design them for you can really save money!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I DIYed... let's be honest, most people just chuck those things in the garbage. Our printer does a great job, so I couldn't justify spending any more money on something that would just go in the garbage.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If I had the choice, I would definitely have had them professionally printed!  The only reason we didn't is because no one locally would print on the stardream paper we bought.  :(
  • Options
    ETweetETweet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted to go the professional route but thought the printer would kill us after we chose to have each boarding pass invite personalized with our guests names. In the end I was very surprised with the quality. We used our Epson photo printer ad well.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    JanineRMJanineRM member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ended up going with a pro printer. For us it was more for convenience and was hassle-free. I didn't want to sit and home and print all those invites myself.
  • Options
    inamrainamra member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used my own printer =)
    Sept 2008 Wedding | May 2010 & Mar 2012 Babies
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used cardsandpockets.com as our pro printer.  It was surprisingly quick and easy to communicate with the priting rep and get proofs, etc.  And personally, I thought the price was well worth saving me the headache of printing things on front and back and then cutting them all, etc.  The design and assembly processes were enough DIY for me!!
  • Options
    eacernaeacerna member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I DIY'd and printed using a laser printer. It looked great. People couldn't even tell we DIY'd it. DIYing was tedious but the satisfaction we got when we finished and saw the finished product was priceless :-). Of course, it saved us $ too! If you don't have a good printer at home, you can print at Kinko's or something?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards