Snarky Brides

inspire my dinner

so H is back home after dogsitting and I want to make dinner.  what should I make?  something easy would be awesome.  bonus points for no-meat ideas.

Re: inspire my dinner

• Taco salad with black beans and all the fixin's. Extra guacamole.
    The hair grows in thick where the horn used to be.
  • Grilled peppers stuffed with croutons, sauteed onions, cream cheese in spinach.Mmmmm.Or grilled corn, avocado and tomato salad.
    For less then ten cents a day, you can feed a hungry child.
  • I do tacos or a variation of at least once a week.  we love them. I need to have a plan going in or I end up with a crapload of food and no cohesive meal.  mayhaps I'll browse allrecipes.  lasagna is really quick and easy, but I always do that if I need quick and easy.  I am so tired of the same 3-4 meals I have been doing.
  • it's more of a side, but it's aaaawesome: [u]smashed parsley potatoes[/u] 2 lbs red potatoes 2 tbsp olive oil 1 tsp salt a buncha cracked pepper 1/4 fresh chopped parsley cut the potatoes into quarters (not skinned). boil them for ~15 minutes. drain, and smash them in a bowl. add oilve oil, salt, pepper, parsley... keep smashing til it's all mixed evenly. they are so so so good, and super easy. ii've also done them with some garlic for a little extra kick, but it certainly doesn't need it.
  • mmm, mashed potatoes are H's fav.  I could even get him something meat-like and have him grill it.  he'll think it's his birthday and I'll only have to do half the work.
  • My "quick and easy" backup plan is always a bag of Lipton Noodles and add a frozen vegetable of your choosing.  I usually add a meat too but you said you didn't want that.  My favorite is ground beef with the butter/alfredo noodles and some sweet peas.  Sounds weird but it's awesome!Or, for super easy dish that always brings out the kid in me... good old fashioned macaroni and cheese from a box and add some steamed broccoli. 
  • quiche with feta, red/green/yellow pepper and tomato.
  • just conferred w. H--he wants blue cheese burgers and Mama's mashed taters.  I'll pick up some portabellas and make him grill those for me when he does the burgers and maybe some corn on the cob or something. thanks everyone!
  • mmm, quiche.  I might have to do that this week also.  something about eating your dinner in a pie shell that is oh-so-fab (plus I have a huge block of goat cheese I can throw in there w. it and it would be good).
  • How about a quiche?  eggs, cheeses (add gruyere, it is heavenly), spinach, sauteed onion, maybe some bell pepper. 
  • Speaking of quiche -- Trader Joes (a local specialty store) has a great crustless mini quiche with feta and bacon.  YUM.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • now I look like and idiot, I forgot to hit post, while I was working on a memo. I am glad that Winged and I have the same taste in food.
  • Another idea for the next dinner doldrum, we made this salad this weekend and it was really good: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Yukon-Gold-Potato-Salad-with-Chiles-Cilantro-and-Toasted-Cumin-242717
    Mucho likes purple nails and purple cupcakes
  • derr. i meant goat instead of feta anyway. I think quiche is my FL meal idea.
  • well, eab, you will like my Fingerlaquiche
  • Ooh...I cannot wait.  I will help!
  • I think I like EABs quiche better than wing-ed's quiche.
  • Oh, but I'd love both Wing'd. She edged you out with talk of heavenly cheeses, spinach, and just a maybe on the peppers.
  • you know, i do not like bell pepper except in quiche. it is weird.
  • i'm fairly certain i've never had bell pepper in quiche. it sounds... well, i'm not sure. delicious, i think. want to try...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards