Maine

NWR: Road Test

I have my motorcycle road test today at 2 pm. I'm wicked nervous! I have not been out riding all summer like I was last year, so I'm not as confident as normal. Plus, they honk at you to tell you when to turn which direction and also to pull over and it's been so windy yesterday and today, that I'm nervous about hearing it. Especially since I have a full-coverage helmet! I went on a test run with the FI yesterday, but still... you know how tests are...Just thought I'd share that I'm feeling like a little 16 year old again...
"Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW

Re: NWR: Road Test

• edited December 2011
    Good luck!  I hope it goes well! I am jealous though as I have always wanted a motorcycle license but DH doesn't think it would be wise for me to drive one.  (I have a history of car accidents - whoops).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Good luck today, I hope it goes well for you!!! My Mom went for her's on a very windy day, and she did just fine!!! Let us know how it goes :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, Ladies!I just feel antsy, sitting around waiting for the test time. I'll be better once I'm there and have met whomever it is who's testing me. I hope! When I took my car road test, I had a tester who was known throughout the entire state system (in CT, not an unpopulated state!) as the meanest, rudest DMV employee. So I just keep thinking that my luck can't be so bad that I would get a similar "demon" here in Maine, right? LOL
    "Once the realization is accepted that even between the closest human beings infinite distances continue, a wonderful living side by side can grow, if they succeed in loving the distance between them which makes it possible for each to see the other whole against the sky." -- Ranier Maria Rilke BabyFruit Ticker image Me:37 MH:38 TTC since Oct 2011 BFP/Beta#1: 13 6/20/12; Beta#2: 20 6/22/12; MC/Beta#3: 9 6/27/12 BFP#2/Beta#1: 9/21/12 S/PAIFW
  • edited December 2011
    I PASSED! HOORAY! I haven't been that nervous in a LONG time! LOLNow, back to the wedding madness!
  • edited December 2011
    Ahhhh! Congrats! I've never even been on a motorcycle but it looks like SO much fun! I've thought about taking the motorcycle safety course several times, but haven't actually done it yet. Funny story, I remember when I was a teenager I was looking at my mom's license for some reason and noticed that she has a motorcycle license. I almost fell out of my chair because my mom is SOOOO not the type. She hasn't ridden since I was born.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards