Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

hair/makeup trials

Just wondering how far in advance you girls are doing your hair/makeup trials.  Also, if my trials are included in the package I paid for, do I give her a tip?  Or do I just wait and tip for everything on the wedding day?

Re: hair/makeup trials

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Who are you using?  I've never heard of the trials being included, i'm jealous :)
  • Options
    lous22lous22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using glamour to go.  The cost is 175 and that includes the trial (As many looks as you want to try), my formals, and hair/makeup on location at my hotel on the day of the wedding.  Thought it was pretty reasonable!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I live out of state, so I have to do my trial 7 months in advance because I don't know when I'll be back in New Orleans and am having some girlfriends come with me for advice.  I'm using Two Sisters, and they're coming to the condo we're renting (and will also come to the venue on my wedding day).  I normally don't wear much makeup at all, but I'm going to let them go all out for the trial and have them tone it down on the day of it's too much.  This way, I'll get the chance to see what I look like very made up and can tell them exactly what I do and don't want for the day of.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm out of town too...but I have my trial only 2 days before the wedding....I would say that you might want to give yourself enough time where you could hopefully hire another makeup artist if you totally hate it, but not not so far away where your hair length/color or tan might be significantly different. If you've heard good reviews about a company and think you will stay with them, I would wait about 4 weeks before. The 2 weeks right before the wedding are really hectic I hear.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i was from out of town and mine was 2 days before the wedding.  I would get it done a few months out if you are a local. As far as the tip goes, ours was built in already so i didnt have to worry about it.
  • Options
    lisleelislee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Two Sisters Hair and Makeup and loved them. They do charge for the trial but they don't charge a travel fee. It was 90 for the trial and 90 for the day of. All the others charged either the same or more....but also charged an additional fee to travel on location. they were really sweet and helpful. I'd use them again in a heartbeat! good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards