Oregon
Options

Hi there!

I am new to all of this (engaged since May) and just wanted to get on here and introduce myself! I am having a BLAST planning my wedding so far! Highlights: My reception venue (Hotel DeLuxe) and my photographers (Mosca Photo). I have posted some of our first, informal enagement photos if you'd like to check them out. The fun part about working with them is that you just get to have fun and be yourself while they make you look great! Does anyone have any advice about officiants? I am not religious and not sure what to do about the ceremony portion of the evening. Thanks!!!

Re: Hi there!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Does your FI or family have ideas?? My Fi and I have different religious backgrounds so we are not having the ceremony in a church and hiring officant. I found a few sites using different search engines. Bimg.com is great. just put in wedding officiants.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You can do a google search to get a list of Multnomah county judges who will perform wedding ceremonies.  Or you can have a friend or relative get ordained online at ulc.org and they can marry you (many of us have gone that route- it's cheap, easy, and completely legal).  There are tons of resources online or at the library if you need help in writing your ceremony and vows, etc.
  • Options
    Minda1976Minda1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey Amber, We're using Mosca Photo too!  Coming up on 9/12, watch for our "sneek peak" as they call it on their blog.  I can't wait for our photos, as I agree they are the BEST!!!
  • Options
    AmberStinsonAmberStinson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the great advice!! Hey, I forgot to mention, you can see work from Mosca Photo at www.moscaphoto.com. I would seriously reccomend them to anyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amber, do you have a personal relationship with Mosca Photo?  Because you're pushing them a bit harder than the average bear.  I don't want this to turn into another Kari Renee debacle.
    "That chick wins at Penises, for sure." -- Fenton
  • Options
    AmberStinsonAmberStinson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry! Like I said, I am new to all of this and I thought that you were supposed to reccomend vendors on here! There may be rules I am not familiar with... let me know. I have no connection to Mosca except for the fact that I did know them before hiring them to shoot my wedding. I have been genuinely impressed with them. I love photography and have really been looking forward to getting some great photos of my fiancee and I, so I may be a bit over-enthusiastic about the whole thing :) On another note, I did end up finding a great officiant, Lisa Kristen-Scott. We met with her last night and she is very helpful, calm and really into making things personal for the couple. We weren't sure what to do because we are not religious, but she has lots of great options for the ceremony and will do whatever you want to make things personal. Glad the sun is back today, hope you all enjoy it!!
  • Options
    rosechildrosechild member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi Amber! Welcome! Congrats on your news. My advice: enjoy! Engagement goes quickly! We are not religious either, and a dear friend got ordained to marry us. It's official and recognized by the state of Oregon. It was quick and cost him like $40. He and I are writing the ceremony together...it's a nice personal touch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards