Iowa-Des Moines

AW: Got our first wedding present today!

Sorry I haven't been around much, we just moved into our new house a week ago and have been super busy! Anyway, just wanted to share that we got our first wedding present today! From FMIL, she actually sent it over 3 weeks ago but the post office messed up and sent it to someone else and we just finally were able to track it down. She got us the comforter set for our bedroom. It looks so nice! I know you aren't "supposed to" open gifts before the wedding, but she wanted us to be able to use it for the house. Only 4 1/2 more weeks!
TTC #1 since Sept '09 Dx: Severe MFI/Azoo
IVF w/ICSI - 15R, 12M, 10F - transferred 2; froze 3
Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320
7/16 124 bpm (6w5d) 7/31 168 bpm (8w6d) 8/22 170 bpm (12w)
EDD 3/6/13
Our team green baby was a girl! Emma Lynn born 2/23/13
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Janelle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: AW: Got our first wedding present today!

• edited December 2011
    Congrats!  That'll keep you warm this winter!  Not sure on etiquette, but I had read on the knot somewhere that if you receive a wedding gift before the wedding, that you should open it and send a thank you note within two weeks of receiving it, but not use the gift until after the wedding.  What's everybody else been doing?
  • BabyRN2006BabyRN2006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not sure what is proper to do, but this is the only gift we have gotten so far. Since its from FI's mom and she wanted us to be able to use it before the wedding in our new house, we are!
    Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320
    EDD 3/6/13
    my read shelf:
    Janelle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the new home and the great wedding gift!!  
  • edited December 2011
    Sorry I hope I didn't come off wrong before.  I would totally use it too, but was focusing more on the fact that it's okay to open gifts before the wedding, but that's just my opinion anyways. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think you came off wrong~ We had our first shower this weekend and I have washed and put things away~ totally starting to use stuff. Proper, maybe not. But there isn't room in our house for it to sit around.
  • BabyRN2006BabyRN2006 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No you came off ok! I was wondering the same thing actually. I asked FI if it was ok that we were opening it and he thought I was nuts for thinking it wouldn't be! And so did his mom! He asked who said we can't open it and I was like, idk, Emily Post? lol
    Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320
    EDD 3/6/13
    my read shelf:
  • edited December 2011
    Etiquette says that you are to open the gift, send a thank you, but are not supposed to use the gift until after the wedding. In your case though Janelle, and your FMIL told you to use it then I think it's ok.
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards