Canada
Options

Canadian suppliers online...

I feel frustrated b/c everytime I try to find items to purchase online ie wrapping paper or the aisle runner, I can only find anything good on US sites.I'm particularly frustrated with trying to find an aisle runner. Well let me correct myself here.. I can find an aisle runner... but not one for less than $100! There are numerous US sites that sell them for $9.99-$50.00 for 50-125 feet long ones. Why can't I find this in Canada?Does anyone know of a good Canadian online wedding supply reresource? Pretty much everything I'm buying online (supplies for Christmas Crackers - that's where the wrapping paper comes in) is from a US site... and it's virtually impossible to find Canadian suppliers... especially ones with reasonable pricing.Even Canadian sites for Christmas supplies... Nada...Any advice would be much appreciated...Cheers!

Re: Canadian suppliers online...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried local resources?  i have found the woven fans I needed (that I could only find on US sites) on craigslist, and for monogrammed shot glasses, I've found a few business that will do them here in Van, and that way I can avoid the crazy shipping.  It sucks, I know.  I feel for ya. 
  • Options
    raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know that I've seen aisle runners instore at Walmart and Michael's, no idea how much they are though.Sorry if that's not much help.I feel the frustration with getting things from the US.  We got the groomsman cap catchers as gifts.  It came to $100, we ended up having to pay over $50 in brokerage fees and customs.  Stupid.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ugh I know! I am a huge online shopper and my wedding shoes (which are perfect in every way) just came in and with customs and exchange they were $125, originally $75..boo. Check out party mart or other party supply company, FI just called and they have a 6 tier cupcake stand to rent, so take that America and your crazy good online shopping!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've been using sites like bravobride.com to buy things that I need. I looked and they have a bunch that are around $20-$30 ( http://www.bravobride.com/SearchResults.php?local=&year_pur=&condition=&it_num=&text=isle+runner&cat=&offset=1&ob=44&method=14) . It's cheaper to get the stuff when it's preowned, and most sellers will ship to Canada. There's so much stuff that I find online and want will only ship to the US. I personally have no problem buying things like candle holders or vases that have already been used when it means that I can save $$$$. Also, I am an eBay fan (http://cgi.ebay.ca/Isle-Runner-Elite-Collection-36-x-100-14253_W0QQitemZ350144094994QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item518636e312&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262). You'd more than likely be dealing with an American seller so the price would be in US dollars, but the exchange rate right now is great.
  • Options
    carmen29carmen29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there!  I feel your pain, it is hard to find great Canadian stuff.  I just saw a couple of aisle runners in a catalogue from 'Invitations by Dawn'  They have two different ones that are 100' - 34.95 and 50.95.  They are online at invitationsbydawn.ca and you can request the catalogue.  Hope this helped a little!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards