Snarky Brides

Sorry if you are sick of updates...

but I already have a new plan, figures:) So, tomorrow I will have my last steroid shot. Starting Wednesday I will no longer be on the meds to stop contractions, so I will go into labor on my own. I could go ANYTIME after Wednesday. I get contractions when I am due for my pill.My 24 hour urine came back showing signs of pre-e. So, they won't stop me anymore from having the babies. They just want to try and get this steroid shot in me first as a booster for the babies. She actually said Cali Jr could do better on the outside than Savannah, because Savannah is lazy:) Cali Jr has been under stress and probably maturing faster. So Groomz, it may be your birthday, but you can't eat a baby. EEK, I am nervous!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Savannah
image.
Callista
Baby Trail Blog
"Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Sorry if you are sick of updates...

• Get the nurses to show you how to breathe --  I found they were most helpful.  I mostly just lay on my side, clutching the handrail and saying a rosary, though.Congratulations!
  • The nurses will help you with breathing, don't fret!  I'm so excited for you!
  • I'm on fallin's contraction express. Also, doesn't labor potentially cause stress to the babies if it is unsuccessful? WHy would they go through that when they know that you aren't vaginally delivering anyway?
  • It maybe the one normal thing I get to experience as a pregnant lady.You had a shower, you got pictures, you decorated the girls' room with your husband - I don't really know what sort of "normal" pregnancy things you're missing out on. I know that being in the hospital isn't any fun, but if you weren't there you'd be going to work day in and day out, which isn't really any different when you're pregnant, aside from being uncomfortable in your desk chair. I didn't even do pregnancy pictures, so chin up, you've got one up on me.

• Good luck Babbs. Nobody said she had to labor drug free while they wait for the operating room to free-up. I can imagine as soon as she's in active labor, they can go ahead and give her the spinal block then.
  • I didn't think of it like that NP. I did get to do all those things. I guess I was just meaning getting to have sex and get pregnant and then complications. I just miss being home.Wendy, yes once you go into labor over here in high risk unit they get you ready and hooked up for labor or c-section.  
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
    "Someday we will look at our babies and know it will be worth it. If it was easy, we would not have had our babies, the babies we were meant to have." From Amy052006
  • Labour is actually good for you, for potential milk supply and for the babies. Its unlikely they'll go a full 12 hours of active labour, what they mean by labour is simply contractions. Those can start hours apart. Mine began the night before and I had 0 idea. They'll monitor her contractions and as they get closer together they'll move. Also, she's in the hospital which means access to tons of drugs so she won't have to feel them if she doesn't want to. But not 12 hours of active labour. No. Good luck babbs.
  • I was going to ask, won't they give you an epidural anyways?
  • Labour is actually good for you, for potential milk supply and for the babies. That is interesting, I didn't know. What is it that it does for milk and the babies?
  • Yes, I am sure they will get me ready for the c-section ASAP. I am really not sure. I plan on drilling my nurse tomorrow:)  
    Savannah
    image.
    Callista
    Baby Trail Blog
  • Hormones are released that trigger labour and subsequently milk production. Oxytocin, endorphins, and prolactin. It's good to go into labour if you can, when possible. You'll still get things going after a section and milk will arrive but sometimes its later, and sometimes there are more issues with PPD because of the lack of labour-related hormone release. And as I said, labour doesn't normally start with a gut wrenching pain, especially with your first pregnancy. So you have time to settle in and get yourself to the hospital for your section if wanted.
  • hmm, interesting. thank you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards