Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Gift Ideas needed

I have less than a month until my wedding and I'm stuck on what to get our readers.  We have three readers, two of them are females.  I was thinking about getting them each a clutch (from an Etsy seller) and maybe a gift certificate to Barnes and Noble...does anyone have any other suggestions?  I don't even know how much you typically spend on them, but I was thinking about $60.  Any help would be great.  Thanks!

Re: Gift Ideas needed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like your idea, or maybe a GC to a local restaurant for dinner?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My sister was a reader in our cousin's wedding.  They got tailored the gifts to the person for everyone, so for her, because she loves jewelry, they got her a really nice necklace.My suggestion would be to tailor it to each person- if you have one that likes crafts, maybe some craft supplies or a GC to a supply store?  Or maybe you have one that is really into books- find out their favorite author, and get them several books from them.  Maybe one is really into beer- how about a membership to the Iron Hill Stein/Mug Club, or something like that?How old are they, as well?  That could make a huge difference as well.Overall, I would suggest getting them things that they are individually into- it makes the gift seem more thoughtful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had two readers. We got a bottle of wine for one reader (women) and a jugof beer for our other reader from his favorite brewery (man). It all depends what they like! She LOVES wine and he LOVESbeer! So it worked out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yet another thing I had no clue about... no idea our readers got gifts! Is this pretty common?
  • Options
    ec0983ec0983 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ditto oodsie... i had no idea we had to do this! however, we did ask this couple to read as their wedding gift to us... does that make a difference?
    trying times are not the times to stop trying. image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Not my style, but what about the ubiquitous Coach wristlet?  Two of my readers were teens and they loved them.  I got them for under $30 at the Lancaster outlet.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I gave our readers Henri Bendel candles
  • Options
    kmellykmelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all for your help.  I just was thinking Barnes and Noble b/c it sort of goes with the reading theme.  Your suggestions are helpful.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Also, check out Etsy.  They have so many people who will make so many different things.  It's a great site to try and find things that not "typical", yet fun and unique.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards