Florida-South Florida
Options

tipping for makeup artist... questions

HI ladies,I got the quote from amy palma, and she adds 20% tip!!!  do you know if this is standard ?

Re: tipping for makeup artist... questions

• Options
    mayda<3lestermayda<3lester member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Jorge Pena and he doesn't add it, I gave him 15% the day of the wedding. Full review in bio. Good luck,
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ?!I didn't know that. And I'm in talks to book her for my wedding day. Hrrrm.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Nikol at Fresh Beauty Studio and she also charges 20% tip.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh I did not know this. Is that built into the price or is it additional? I have my trial with her one week from today, wonder if she does the same on the trial... hmmm...good to know this though so I don't double tip which I've done before at restaurants when I didn't pay attention!
  • Options
    PinkShoesGalPinkShoesGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked her about two weeks ago and in her contract she lists two totals: one "without gratuity" and one with "optional gratuity added in." She worded it exactly that way in the contract.
    TTC since May 2011 "Natural" BFP 1/2/2012 with cp 1/5/2012 5/2012: SA and CD 3 bloodwork perfect 6/2012: Clomid + Trigger + TI = BFN 8/2012: HSG all clear. Clomid TI cycle canceled due to thin lining 9/2012: Lap and Hysteroscopy: mild endo, uterine fibroids and septum, and ovarian cyst all removed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Anna Noriega and she does not add tip. HTH!
  • Options
    pn04pn04 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    REALLY?! I think she's overpriced to begin with, I mean $250 for makeup? Unless you give me gold specs (actual gold) I don't see why someone would charge so much for MU and I bet she won't stay with you through the day...
    Captain Obvious The Thinker milkawhat badge
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Valarie Stanley doesn't charge for tip - she also owns her own business so I will probably not tip her (unless she goes above and beyond) :) HTH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageBabyName Ticker
  • Options
    aidab21aidab21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tip = to insure promptnessi hope they are not charging the tip up front.if not how can you insure promptness?  ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards