Wedding Etiquette Forum

Opinions please!

I am working on some last minute things, and one of them is the table numbers I've been putting off! I put them in my bio under "table numbers"- opinions? Are the numbers big enough?I'm going to make them black and white before printing. We have 2 more tables to do, but I haven't done them yet. It is a lot harder to get dogs to sit still with a random object than you would think : )Thanks!
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Opinions please!

• Those look familiar...
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • Maybe make the pic b/w and keep the number in color to make it pop?
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • omg, are those doggie pics gonna be your table numbers?? THATS SOOOOOO CUTE!!!! can I steal your idea? yes, I think they are big enough. well, I guess it depends on how big you print them, but as I am imagining it (like a 4x6?) I'll look great
  • Brie - thats right, I do think maybe I got the idea from you. Or got it from somewhere but I do remember your cute kitties. I think yours turned out better...I'm not thrilled with mine yet but IDK. Sucrets, thats a good idea. Hmm. I have no idea how to edit stuff so maybe now is a good time to figure it out!
  • Laima - it wasn't my idea, its one of the many that were inspired by things I saw on theknot : )
  • Yeah, I think the numbers are even the same as the ones I used.The B&W makes the numbers stand out more.  Also, some of the pictures look blurry--it takes patience, but you just have to keep snapping until you get a good one.  Getting right down on their level helps instead of taking it from above.
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Brie, did you get them from Michaels? Thats where mine are from : ) I think its my camera that makes things blurry. I keep meaning to take it in to get fixed because that happens a lot. Hmm. Maybe I should re-do some of them.
  • I think Sucrets idea is cute- put them in black and white and edit the number to be one of your colors so that it pops. I agree with Brie that you should take the photo from more on the dog's eye level. It'll give a better perspective I think.
  • BTW Brie... I hope you don't mind and take it as a compliment that I liked your pictures enough to use the idea. I forgot it was you that had done them, but i remembered how cute they were!
  • Yep, I got mine at Michael's.  No worries.I found that the best shots I have are of the cats interacting with the numbers, not just near them. Maybe try putting a treat on or near it?  It's a PITA, but the pictures wind up more interesting that way.This is one of my favorites just because it really shows the cat's personality: [img]<a href="http://tinyurl.com/knyz3q" rel='nofollow'>http://tinyurl.com/knyz3q</a>[/img]
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think that one is adorable Brie!I kept having problems because my golden retreiver wanted to pick up the number, walk away with it, and chew on it (in a position where I couldn't actually get the number in the shot). She's TOO interested in random objects and thinks they are all toys.We'll have to have another photo shoot tomorrow and see how that goes. Thanks for the feedback!
  • It also helps if you catch them sleeping.  We'd stalk up on one of our cats, camera ready, and just drop the number and shoot.  They'd wake up but it would take them a minute to realize what was going on.Buckley is the same way.  He will pummel or bite any number we put in front of him for too long, so we just kind of go with it.  GL!
    two years!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Your cat's name is Buckley? Thats cute - my dog (not the golden) is named Buck and we call him Bucky all the time. His married name will soon be Buck Buck. Poor dog.
  • 1, 3, and 7 are bright enough as is.  The rest I think you need to re-take. I also think you should try black and white. I think it doesn't help that your (adorable) golden retriever is a similar color to the number. As they are now, I think a lot of them don't look all that nice.  Almost oddly posed or off-center or something... I'm having trouble putting my finger on what it is exactly that bugs me about them.  Maybe try Brie's idea of getting down on their level?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards