Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum
Options

Chuppah help

We are planning a beach wedding in Manhattan Beach CA. Where would we get a Chuppah that is not going to break the bank???? (we don't belong to a temple)

Re: Chuppah help

• Options
    Does your officiant have one?  Also, must it be free-standing?  We're using my father's tallis tied to four poles with bored holes.  Our wedding party will be supporting the poles.  Old school.  Also much cheaper than a chuppah
    Photobucket PitaPata Dog tickers
  • Options
    I love that look--so pretty.  There's a Jewish Bride's board--maybe they'd have some ideas, too? 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    ezraezra member
    First Comment
    Yeah, I've been looking there. There are so many posts it would take forever to read....lol..
  • Options
    You can make one! 2ndbride on the Jewish board has made hers and found really specific instructions online to make them. Just page her and she'll send them over to you OR you can just checkout her bio on the page. She's also on the MA and I believe the DC board.
  • Options
    Did someone call my name?  ;-)[url=http://sites.google.com/site/2dbride/ceremony/chuppah]Here is a link to my chuppah-building instructions[/url].  I needed mine to be both free-standing (since everyone at the wedding was already participating in some way other than holding the poles) and portable (since we are taking it up to MA for our wedding, then back to DC for our reception.  It would work for a beach wedding as well.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards