North Carolina

Neil Boyd vs. Mark Edwards photography

We met with both of them on Friday and loved their pictures but there's a 2k difference between them.  Anybody have any experience with them or know someone who has????And and other recs that we might have missed?TIA!

Re: Neil Boyd vs. Mark Edwards photography

• edited December 2011
    the wedding will be in Raleigh, thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    I can't think of anyone off the top of my head who's used them recently.  Are they both based in Raleigh?
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • edited December 2011
    yes, both in Raleigh.
  • edited December 2011
    i looked at one of these only because i kept running into their darn name everywhere i looked. they must spend all their money marketing. i found their samples to be about average and overpriced.
  • ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i actually agree with andrea on this one. i looked in to them as well but you could get someone just as great for way less money. idk what your budget is check into evoke photography or cheyenne schultz. i'm pretty sure they travel and quality is the same but price is much less.
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • edited December 2011
    Just out of curiosity, what is their price range?  Because looking at their portfolios I don't think they should be charging all that much to begin with.Have you looked at Martha Manning?  She's very flexible with her pricing and has amazing photos.  A friend of mine who does pro photography for the Hurricanes recommended her to me.  http://www.marthamanning.com/Also check out Cohen Studios.  He's a friend of my sister and his work is great.  He's just lazy about making a website haha.  I think his packages start at $1200 if I remember correctly.  Here's his Facebook but it's better to go down to his studio and look at his work.  http://www.facebook.com/pages/Raleigh-NC/Cohen-Studios/66315336912
  • ktyd8ktyd8 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    if i remember correctly neil boyd started out around 2-3K and their most expensive package was about 10K.
    ~Kaitlyn~
    Anniversary
    My Chart
    DX PCOS 2002 @ age 14
    DX Diabetes 3/12
    My Diabetes Blog
    TTA until ?
  • edited December 2011
    yes, Neil's base is 3k, and maxes at 10k.  Mark starts at 1500 and maxes at 2600.
  • edited December 2011
    That's about starting w/my photog as well.  I think you can get a better photog for that much but that's just MO.
    image Ellie and Morgan
  • edited December 2011
    Whoa are you serious?!  I could see 1500 for the one guy but no way would I have guessed 3k starting for the other guy!  You can get much better for 3k starting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards