Florida-South Florida

DL fee increase....WTF

Wow has anyone seen the new DL increased fee? $48 for a new one or renewal. I need to renew my in March 2010 does anyone know if I can do it now so I can skip out on this new increase? Or do I need to wait until then? And ppl wonder whats wrong with the economy especially the gov't, these prices have like quadrupled. People are losing jobs and whatever it may be and they do this crazy increase. ID cards $25, I remember those being $3 and DL $10. geez
My Bio Photobucket Number Invited 152 image Number Attending 109 image Number Declined 43 image Number Not Replied 0 image RSVP Date June 30th Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: DL fee increase....WTF

• cinthia122cinthia122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you can renew now, but you will have to go in person.  You are not allowed to do it online.
  • edited December 2011
    WTF this is crazy!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • RhiannonBRhiannonB member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think you can only renew up to 3 months ahead...but I would double check with the DMV.  This does really blow!
  • edited December 2011
    It's about $50-60, here in New York : (
  • edited December 2011
    When we used to live in CT it was like $66, but that didn't include paying your town taxes on your vehicle, which was like $100-300 depending on your vehicle and how old or new it was... LOL and Here in WA, I 'm not even sure what we pay, except when we have to register our vehicles, which is $50 But thanks for the post I told my Fi who has a FL license still, he didn't even know.
  • sherwrightsherwright member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ditto Marj - I lived in CT my whole life and paid those prices.As far as the Drivers License goes - in the grand scheme of things - we only renew every 6 years here in FL so its not a huge deal.  In CT I was renewing every 2 years I think.
  • JaiKriBabyJaiKriBaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It does hurt to think of paying that much, but as a state gov't employee, I can tell you it is absolutely necessary. We are in the worst budget crisis in our history and raising these fees was one way to avoid laying off thousands of gov't workers.  I believe it's the first increase in over 20 years and brings us in line with the fees paid in most other states.  I'm just grateful that we continue to be spared a state income tax.  I'm not sure about your renewal question, but I do believe when I changed my name on my license after getting married, they automatically renewed it even though it wasn't due for renewal...so maybe you can renew early.GL!
  • edited December 2011
    Yes it does suck!
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards