Destination Weddings Discussions
Options

Reception Seating

I'm working on my seating for the reception and I can't decide if we should do a Sweetheart table with just us, if we should sit at a table with just my three kids or if we should sit at a table with the kids and our moms.

suggestions?  ideas?  What is everyone else doing?
Jen's Bio ~ Updated 4/30/2012
The day I married my best friend!

Anniversary

Re: Reception Seating

• Options
    BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    FI's family is too set on the tradition of a head table so we're doing a headtable with MOH & date, BM & date, FI & I.
  • Options
    I think that we are going to sit with our parents.  I am not exactly sure yet though since out parents, while cordial to each other, don't really like each other. 

If I were you, I would either do a sweetheart table or sit with just your kids.  If yousit with your kids, it might make them feel extra special and included more in the wedding.
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    We did a sweetheart table then did a long rectangular table so it kind of formed a T shape. We put our friends closest to us and the older adults (parents, aunts and uncles towards the end) my mom wasn't thrilled she thought she should be closest but we knew we would have more fun with our friends. It was nice having the sweetheart table and I would do that again. I did find it really hard to figure out the seating also. Good luck!
    Planning Bio updated April 16, 2012 Just Married!
  • Options
    We are sitting with friends. Didn't want to deal with children or family drama at the table on our wedding day..
  • Options
    We are sitting with part of our bridal party. Our tables can hold 10 each so it was easier to put our families each on one table and the rest of the bridal party with us. Other guests will be at the other tables.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    XML&MrPXML&MrP member
    First Comment
    We are all sitting together... We'll put the tables together so that we form one big rectangular table, and that way we include our babies and everyones happy lol... I would say have your kids at the table
    - And all along I believed I would find you, time has brought your heart to me, I have loved you for a thousand years...I'll love you for a thousand more. Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers imageimage
  • Options
    We are having it just the two of us, my hope in doing that is that we will be able to relax just a moment when we sit there and hopefully be able to eat without having to worry about the other people at the table.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do a table with just the two of you or just you guys and the kids. 

We had a really small group so we all sat at a table together for this wedding, but for my first wedding we did a sweetheart table and it was the best decision becausde it was the only time we really had to unwind and talk to each other (other than when we were taking pictures which wasn't really a relaxing time) and not have to entertain everyone else or do anything. 
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards