Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Ault Park???

So...I think I have been engaged for about a month now.  I feel like I have looked into every venue possible.  Today I looked at Ault Park and loved it.  From what I have read online, it is nearly impossible to reserve a date there. (Supposedly, brides can't call until one year to the date of their wedding at midnight). I do not have a date set, but I would like it to be next summer 2010. I am thinking that I am out of luck, but I am wondering if it is really that difficult.  Any comments???

Re: Ault Park???

• Options
    mamao2bmamao2b member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The best way to find out is to just call them tomorrow. If you don't have a date set, just ask them what's available for next summer...if you like it that much, just snag a date they have open!
  • Options
    weaveralweaveral member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be sure you are aware of all the costs of an Ault Park wedding before you put down a deposit.  If you have a big enough budget, it should be fine. But if you're watching costs, Ault Park can really add up. Rentals (through their company, which is required) are a few thousand dollars once you get the required custom awning/tent, chairs, tables, linens, lighting (also required). You have to hire a security guard, and your caterer (chosen from their list) automatically adds a 20% charge on top of their bill for being in the park. It's a "park charge" that is in addition to any service charges, taxes, etc. You will also most likely have to pay extra for renting glasses, plates, etc. from your caterer. That two charges can easily be an extra $1500 or more.We looked at Cincinnati Parks, but after we loooked at the details, the $2,000 rental fee quickly looked more like a $5- 6,000 rental fee.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The parks can be difficult to book for anything.  My company had a BBQ last year that we had to book within their one year date at midnight and we got lucky it was open.  Apparently they do book quickly, but like pp said, the best thing you can do is call and see what they have open.  GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    agreed with what is written above! Price out everything down to the fork at each place setting :)
  • Options
    loballarloballar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the insight!  I called today and reserved August 27th 2010.  I have not paid anything, but I am concerned about what was mentioned above.  I would really like to stay under $10,000 for 150 guests.  Is this realistic?  Also, do people have both ceremony and reception there?  Because we are going to have a lot of out of town guests, I would like to hold both in the same location.Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You are lucky that you got a date reserved!  I have several friends who tried for several months before getting anything!  I loved the parks but wasn't willing to wait a year before booking...  I'm not very patient!  :o)  Our wedding is next October and we've had it booked since July.It is beautiful but the prices add up quickly for Ault Park.  Ask them to send you their price sheet or send me an email and I can share what I have although I can't gaurantee it's current.  lindseycolatrella at gmail dot com.  For example, the rental for the place alone is about $2000, then you have to rent 2 custom canopy tents which are $1000 each plus all of your tables, chairs, etc from them.  There's also a fee per chair and table for setup and teardown.  All of the rental costs will very quickly eat into your budget.  Your rental cost should only be 8% of your total budget, and I'm guessing if your budget is $10,000 for everything, you're looking at more like 50%!  They also have a list of approved caterers, so there is less flexibility there.I have heard that a more cost effective option is to have only your ceremony there but I'm not sure what that costs.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards