Texas-San Antonio

Dawn w/ Cake Pan -Take 2.

Well it's true, she did steal my money.  My fiance looked all over the internet last night and found her! On myspace!  According to her myspace page she's now in FLORIDA! We both emailed her to ask her what was going on, she read the emails but never responded.  I can't believe that people do this! What kind of evil person are you to take advantage of others? She told me her husband left her and yadda yadda, I FELT SORRY FOR HER! It was all a lie and a scam.  I feel angry and stupid for giving her my money.  I'm going to file with the Attorney General of Tx, the BBB and small claims court.  I have a great attorney and will get her advice.  Whe I find out more I'll pass it along to the other brides she has cheated and lied to. On the bright side I called Lynda with Sweet Traditions and she felt so bad she met with us this morning.  We LOVED her and hired her on the spot.  She told me after looking at the contract Dawn did that it was all wrong.  The sizes of the cakes Dawn  told me wouldn't work the way I wanted and it would've been terrible.  I guess better to find out than have a cake fall apart on me on the wedding day.  Lynda said she would make it perfect for us and I don't doubt it one bit.  Thank you all for helping me out.  I appreicate it.  Kristi

Re: Dawn w/ Cake Pan -Take 2.

• irishdanceririshdancer member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm so glad it worked out for you!  On the bright side, at least that is one less crooked vendor in this town.  Good luck with the charges.
  • marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lynda is awesome! I'm so glad it worked out for you : )
  • edited December 2011
    Remember if you paid via credit card you can dispute the charge to recoop your money. If you paid her check/cash, it may be harder. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Yay! I'm glad it worked out. :)I really hope you get that crook! She's gonna get what's coming to her!
  • edited December 2011
    Kristi, I'm so glad you got something worked out, I definately think you should pursue this, if my loss was more, I probably would do exactly what you're doing, but I really only lost $50 and had ugly cakes that didn't have the elements we'd discussed, but I didn't really care that much about the cakes, no one remembers them anyways and that day was so happy, it's like whatever.  It's more the principal of her shadyness that bothers me.  I am watching her website and looking for her new contact info, I'm also considering complaining to the BBB in Fl if that's possible.  The thing that makes me the maddest is that I, like you, hired her because I felt like she could really use the business, plus she seemed like a good Christian person, she went to church with my wedding coordinator, seemed very active there, which is more than I can say about myself :).  I think it's terrible to present yourself as a super-Christian and then pull this kind of stuff.
  • edited December 2011
    I am so glad everything has turned out ok for you. This is a terrible story. We all should definately get on the knot board for the area she is now in Florida to make sure no other brides fall prey to the shady vendor. Good luck with everything.
  • emilyr08emilyr08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, I am so sorry Dawn did this to you guys! She seemed a little shady to me when I first met her, but my wedding coordinator recommended her to me (they went to church together) and she was really cheap. She did a good job for the price for my cakes, set them up in time, all that good stuff. Again- this sucks so bad for the brides that got screwed over. I'm sorry I ever recommended her- but, like I said, she did a good job on my cake, I never thought she would turn out to be a bad apple.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards