Rhode Island
Options

Registry Woes

Ok I just have a quick question regarding my wedding registry. FI and I were planning on doing an all white dinnerware set because all of the serverware we have chosen is white. The issue we have is that we came across a blue dinnerware set that we love. So my question is does the severware have to match the dinnerware? My mother keeps telling us yes, but we're concerned with everything being white, and not to mention that the cream and sugar set we love is another pattern all together! TIA

Re: Registry Woes

• Options
    cherish105cherish105 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It does not have to match!!!  Ours is different on purpose.  To be honest, I wouldn't want all white, it's boring!    We have some black and some red plates/serveware.  And we always mix and match.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've registered for Fiestaware.   We did half blue, half white place settings, and then all white serverware.   I think mixing things up adds whimsy and if it reflects your personality, do it!
  • Options
    Lbloom88Lbloom88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We mixed and matched our white with a fun kate spade patern...the servingware is mixed too! The lady did suggest we keep the salt/pepper more basic as it should go with everything, but thats totally your call...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies! We decided to mix it up a bit but still keep a lot of the white pieces that we really liked. Thank you for all your advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards