Rhode Island

Im calling MUD

13»

Re: Im calling MUD

• Em&Jeff2009Em&Jeff2009 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha you just tried to stick up for her by calling her special needs?
  • jwilsonwcrijwilsonwcri member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If I was special needs, I would throw that out there while introducing myself. Just as a courtesy. Im sure this girl is a nice person but she needs to learn how to spell, it makes her out to be ignorant and who wants to have a discussion with an ignorant person? Not I?
  • scubascaffscubascaff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HAHAHA Emily, that was hilarious
  • scubascaffscubascaff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jen, I did read all of your posts. What made me ALSO think it was MUD was that three posts ago you posted the most CLASSIC MUD post in the book- "asking parents for money when they cant afford it". Seriously. Oldest MUD post in the book, and you posted it.
  • adnapidnaadnapidna member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, first of all, my 25 year old niece writes the same way this ... girl ... does.  Every time I see it, I slap her upside the back of her head.  And every time, she deserves it.  I do not appreciate this type of "text speech." and let her know it.  We have officially let Jen810 know that we don't appreciate her form of speech.  Here's my suggestion:  ignore her posts when they're not appropriately typed.  If they bother you, they bother you.  I admit, the occassional "there" instead of "their" bothers me.  The occassional "your" instead of "you're" bothers me.  But, I can get past that because the key word in that sentence is:  OCCASSIONAL.  When someone types: "Spencer an i meet threw a friend we both went to the same high school an graduated together but we never talked in hight school we were only dateing a short time before he asked me to marrie him but i knew right away spencer was the one we both live on the cape an are hoping for an out door wedding next may !!!!" That makes my head hurt.    First of all, you MET THROUGH a friend.  Secondly, you never talked in HIGH school.  third, you were DATING.  Fourth, he asked you to MARRY him.  Fifth, it's an OUTDOOR wedding.  Sixth, you need punctuation:  Period after friend (capitalize I and W in We)  Period after school (capitalize W in We)comma after him, (Capitalize I)(Capitalize S in Spencer) Period after One (Capitalize W in We)  Capitalize the C in Cape. Capitalize the M in May.  I do not, for one second, believe all of these are you making MISTAKES.  I believe you are trying to talk like a ghetto princess (oxymoron aside).  Surely, you think you're impressing someone.  Unfortunately, you picked the wrong crowd.  Even more unfortunate, if you begin to type like a regular human being it will look like you're doing it BECAUSE of us and I'm sure your too prideful for that.  So, we're S.O.L. - we have to stare at your heinous typing, and you're S.O.L. because most of the really helpful, smart, and knowledgeable girls on here won't even bother reading a post if they see your name.  (Unless of course they want comic relief). 
  • RITobiRITobi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andiiii's back :)
  • edited December 2011
    I'm dying to know if this is talked about on RHOOS....I was MIA for a while online so i got booted (with good reason I wasnt posting) but I'm dying to know:) hahaWelcome back Andi!
  • edited December 2011
    I was an editor for a decade and now teach it at the university level, so the grammatical stuff bugs me, too, but I know I mistype sometimes when I'm going fast. The your/you're thing really drives me crazy and it happens all the time. Still, most of what everyone posts here is at least legible and easily read. However, I laughed at the irony of this one. I share, in jest:the key word in that sentence is: OCCASSIONALIt's occasional.
  • edited December 2011
    Meant completely in jest - Kumbaya, biotches. Kumbaya.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards