Florida-Central Florida
Options

VENT: 5 days out, cue family craaaap(kinda long)

Earlier tonight FMIL called me sounding all down in the dumps, which was weird, because she and FFIL are driving down Wednesday, and she's been super excited for about 2 weeks :) But... turns out FI's sister and her boyfriend (who live on the west coast) won't be attending the wedding after all. Bleh. They sent a Yes response ages ago....but now FI's sister is sick, so they're not coming. FI and his other sis (MOH) seem to think there's another reason behind it. (I don't know all the details--and don't really want to--- but apparently stuff like this isn't new.) FMIL made it sound definite that West Coast sis won't be coming, but apparently West Coast sis "will know for sure by tomorrow". The venue received our balance $ just today, so hopefully, if West Coast sis + boyfriend don't show, we can get a partial refund or figure out something about their meals. That shouldn't be a problem at least :) I just hope she's actually sick...because creating drama and lying to family sucks. MOH sounded sad & angry on the phone...and it made me feel bad for FI's fam. As long as we can figure out the $ side, I hope the rest will sort itself out. Just needed to vent to girlies who would understand. Thanks for reading! I feel better :)

Re: VENT: 5 days out, cue family craaaap(kinda long)

• Options
    vedikavedika member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Girlll..Do what you have to do and enjoy your day! I know that seeing FI & his fam will have you bummed out, but don't worry about the OOT sis until she actually shows up..A lot of the time, people bring drama and aren't even present..They just stir up stupid stuff and leave it for the people they've upset to deal with it..4 days out, you & FI are gonna have a beautiful day :]
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vedika said it best. Just have fun and enjoy the time with the people that ARE there!
  • Options
    bluepoet2007bluepoet2007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the support, Alexia and vedika :) I know I can always count on CFL to be awesome! I feel less blindsided today. (Must remember that no one cares as much as we do, and if West Coast sis gets married, it'll be her turn to sort out crazy details! ;) Planning has gone smoothly for the most part, so "little things" seem huge, I suppose. And that kinda freaks me out. LOL! FI's family can be very dramatic sometimes, so I shouldn't be surprised that this may NOT be about somebody actually being sick. I guess we'll find out tonight for sure....and whatever happens, happens. We'll sort out any $ matters, & everything will work out :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know the feeling but remember this is YOUR day! Don't let petty FIL crap get you down in the dumps. You will have a wonderful wedding and everything will turn out just as it should! Sending *****VIBES****** your way!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    H and I dealt with a similar situation right before our wedding. We did not let it bother us and it did not bother anyone else. I told everyone that I had nothing bad to say about the person and that I would prefer everyone just focus on the positive. Everyone had a great time and she was not missed. It's your day! Enjoy it!
  • Options
    bluepoet2007bluepoet2007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girlies! I feel even better now :) Last night, it seemed like ONE MORE thing to worry about. Thanks to y'all I see that's not true :) I'll post a follow-up when I hear something definite tonight.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards