Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

NWR: Get to Know hkiesling

So since the boards have been a *teensy* bit slow the past couple of days, I was thinking, why don't we take the time to get to know each other a little better?  Each day someone can volunteer to write a little blurb about themselves and answer questions about themselves or their wedding (or whatever they're comfortable sharing online).  Sort of like our own little Knottie Spotlight. Sound like fun?  I'll even start.What does your username mean? Nothing creative unfortunately.  It's a combination of my first name Heather and my last name Kiesling.  Pronounced Key-Sling.So you have a wedding theme or inspirtation?"Fall in Love."  My birthday is in October, and it's always been my favorite month.  I grew up in rural Wisconsin northwoods and the leaf color change was always spectacular.  We don't get that here in the cities.  Not like back home, but still, that's where I drew most of my inspirations for the wedding decor.What wedding project are you most excited about?This is a tough one, as I've done so many things for the wedding DIY projects that I never would have attempted otherwise (dying fabric, creating maps and monograms), but I have to say that I'm most excited about my interactive photo wall.  What are some interesting facts about yourself?1. I went to a multi-grade school house where K-3 was in one room and 4-6 was in another room.  Fourth grade consisted of Travis and me.  Sadly, the school is now closed.2. I was on the Tropical cruise ship in September 2000 when it caught on fire out in the Gulf of Mexico.  They put the fire out, but we were stranded out there for 7 days instead of the 3 day cruise we had packed for.  No hot water, AC, or flushing toilets for two days, and we had to sit in one of those big rooms with our life vests on for 24 hours (and I was stuck in my swimsuit, because we couldn't go back to our room).  Needless to say, we WON'T be taking a cruise for our HM.3. In college, I studied martial arts.  I have a black belt in Tae Kwon Do, and some lower level ranks in Gracie Jui Jitsu and Eskrima.Okay.  Ask away!

Re: NWR: Get to Know hkiesling

• LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah yes, the famous "Ask me anything" posts!!  Don't mind if I do. What is your favorite food? If you could trade places with one Knottie, who would it be?  (Life and wedding.)
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We hadn't had a round of these in quite some time, and with all the newbies popping up, I thought it was about time for one! What is your favorite food? Do I have to pick just one? FI often tells me that the key to keeping me happy is having Godiva chocolate and Oreos in the house at all times (along with frequent trips to Target and Linders).  But for meals, I'd have to say you can't go wrong with cheese pizza.  Snacks would be these little cream cheese puffs they make at Panda Garden Buffet on the corner of Lexington and Larpenteur.If you could trade places with one Knottie, who would it be? (Life and wedding.)I always thought that if I ever had a winter wedding, I'd want it to be just like Mrs.Luebke's.  I love how she really played with so many different elements of winter and kept it classy, not commerical.  I tried to some similar things with the fall season for my wedding, and hopefully it turns out half as nice as hers.  And of course, everyone knows about my obsession with Smo's e-pics.  I'd take those in a New York minute!
  • LittleSweetieLittleSweetie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll play again since the line is so short. How tall are you? Do you have any pets? If you could move anywhere, where would it be? PS - I pronounced your name in my head as "aych keez-ling," not "aych key-sling" - note s vs z sound. Not that you should change the pronunciation, but if you ever considered or needed any nudging... ;)
    Our big girl, Cora, and our sneaky kitty, Roxy

Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • AJ&BJAJ&BJ member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you could get married anywhere - where would you pick?What is your biggest pet peeve?What one thing could you not live without?What has been the biggest surprise when planning your wedding?When do we get pictures of your interactive photo wall???
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How tall are you? I am a proud four feet four and a half inches tall. I was really excited when I started dating FI, because he's 6 foot 2 and I had dated some shorter guys before him. I thought, "Finally, I get to wear muh heels!" Except FI is driven by practicality, not cutality. Whenever I'd put on a pair of sexy heels and ask how the looked, he would ask "but can you walk three blocks in them?" If the answer was no, I had to go change into something more comfortable. I haven't decided yet if this is something that I love about him, something that annoys me, or a little of both. Do you have any pets? Yes, we have four (sort of five) kitties: Mew (black), Harmony (tuxedo black), and Laverne and Shirley (Russian blue sisters). The last three are pound rescues and Mew I coaxed in off the street after his mom abandoned him. Mew's littermate, Rose (black with white spot on chest), never got quite tame enough to bring her in the house. She lives in our attached shed and keeps any and all squirrels, mice, birds, and other living creatures at least 20 feet from our house. For this, we gladly put out a little kibble for her each morning. Sometimes she deigns to let us pet her quickly on the back if we give her the good canned food stuff. We lived trapped her last year after she had some kittens and had her spayed through St. Paul's Wild Cat Wednesday program, which allows people to bring in strays to be neutred and given a shot for rabies. You then release them back into their previous habitat. This helps to control the stray population (shameless plug for the program). If you could move anywhere, where would it be? I really do like the midwest. I couldn't imagine having a green Christmas. That said, I could do without that -50 degree crap we had last winter. Maybe Kentucky? I hear the weather is nice there, no earthquakes, no floods, no hurricanes. You just have to put up with the all-country all the time music stations. PS - I pronounced your name in my head as "aych keez-ling," not "aych key-sling" - note s vs z sound. Not that you should change the pronunciation, but if you ever considered or needed any nudging... ;) Sometimes I say keezling, too. because it's faster. A lot of people pronouce it K-EYE-zling, though. It's German, so you say the second vowel first, instead of saying the first vowel first like in English. There's your foreign language lesson for the day. If you could get married anywhere - where would you pick? Right here. There's no way I would all the crap that's in my "wedding closet" anywhere else. There would be no room for me in the car! What is your biggest pet peeve? Lack of proper parenting. Like when FI and I went and saw Watchmen at the theater. It was rater R and contained some pretty graphic sex (and rape) and a big glowing naked blue guy and two rows in front of me was a couple with a group of 6 year old kids. They just sat there and let their kids watch a woman get raped. Yep, didn't do anything about it. What one thing could you not live without? Does the Knot count? You guys make work bearable. But I'm pretty fond of birth control, too (see previous question) What has been the biggest surprise when planning your wedding? That it can cost $1000+ to have Christmas lights and white tool hung from ceilings. Really? $1000? REALLY? When do we get pictures of your interactive photo wall??? Coming right up!
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oooh fun!! Some good questions so far...I agree with LS about the pronunciation of your username haha.ummm....thinking....Favorite TV shows?? (besides Thundercats and the Flintstones, lol)
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a total nerd when it comes to TV shows.  I really liked Jericho when it was on, and Battlestar Galactica and Firefly.  I have a soft spot for tv shows that are destined to be cancelled.  Firefly introduced me to Nathan Fillian, which got me hooked on Castle (and Dr. Horribles's Sing Along Blog...check that out on Hula).  Firefly also got Summer Glau's career going and got me interested in the new Terminator series.  For sitcoms, it's pretty hard to beat Big Bang Theory. And of course, you can't forget CSI:Everywhere and Law and Order:Everything.  It's a good thing I have TiVo, because most of these shows only end up being 40 minutes after you cut out commercials.  I can't wait for the fall season to start.  Other than So You Think You Can Dance, the summer line-ups been a big bust for me.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My furbabies: Laverne: Shirley:Harmony:Mew aka Punkin: Mew doing Hobbit impression: Mew with Rose's two of Rose's kittens that we rescued (Emily and Jake).  He was a great Uncle Mew:And for the awwww factor, here's little Emily playing with her puff ball.  We managed to find good homes for all four of Rose's kittens.
  • Bimbi284Bimbi284 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awwwwwwwwww kitties!!!!!!I want a kitty sooooooo badly but the place I'm in now won't allow them. FI promised me that when we get a bigger place and he moves here that we'll get TWO kitties (!!!), that way they can keep eachother company when we're at work and stuff. I can't wait to go kitty hunting!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards