California-Los Angeles

Need help with our venue!!

My fiance and I are flying out the CA to look at 7 places for our wedding.  Any thoughts would be great because we currently live in Chicago.  We are looking for beach/bluffs/casual wedding there will only be 25-40 people attendingRitz Carlton Laguna NiguelSt. Regis Monarch BeachThe Sunset Restaurant MalibuShuttersCasa Del MarLa Venta InnTerrance ResortThanks in advance!!

Re: Need help with our venue!!

• malibu09bridemalibu09bride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know The Sunset in Malibu is very popular. Also, Geoffrey's in Malibu is another very beautiful place to have a wedding. Casa Del Mar is a beautiful hotel. It holds a special place in my heart because dh and I met for drinks there on our first date, and we stayed there for our wedding night (beautiful rooms by the way). However, I don't know about having a wedding there. The beach there is public and it is busy. Plus, the hotel is kind of far back from the actual water. If you are looking to have a beachside ceremony or one that overlooks the ocea without a bunch of half naked tourists in your background I would look at someplace different. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    A word of warning, even if you do have a small wedding try to avoid interviewing more than one venue per day.  You will find that venue shopping is alot like house hunting, it can be exhausting and after while the places can bleed together.  It's better if you check out one, think about it, sleep on it and then see another one. That way you have time to digest and consider pros and cons.
  • edited December 2011
    I have never been to a wedding at any of those places, but have been to Shutters & Casa Del Mar for drinks/dinner, and both are really nice.We looked at about 6 places in 2 days, it wasn't hard for us.  We didn't have a choice because it was out of town in Santa Barbara and wasn't easy for us to get up there again soon.Some of them we eliminated without having to go inside the venue- we ended up not liking the location or the look of the place- we didn't even need to meet with anyone to make the decision!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards