Outdoor Weddings

What did you forget to ask?

Tomorrow we are going to look at a place to hold our outdoor wedding ceremony. I have a few questions wrote down to ask the venue but what questions did you forget to ask when you first looked at your venue? I know I am going to forget to ask something while I am there.

Re: What did you forget to ask?

• Is it just for the ceremony or are you also having the reception there too? If it's both you should ask how much time you'll have there (it would be a good idea to ask if it's just the ceremony too). I had my wedding and reception at the same location and we only had 4 hours for both the ceremony and reception and I didn't get as many pictures I wanted because of the time crunch. Just the ceremony: Is seating provided for the guests (and how many) or do you have to rent (and do they recommend a company)? How much time will you have to do pictures and the ceremony? If there is a gazebo or archway are you allowed to staple or tack things to it? Are you allowed to throw rice or other things like rose petals and if so is there a fee for clean up?
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We are having just the ceremony outside. They include the chairs but I am going to ask to see what they look like. I also have on my list of questions to ask what options they have if it rains. I also believe they only schedule one wedding at this location per day but I will check with them just to make sure.
  • Ask about a back-up plan in case of rain. As well as decoration restrictions. I've had to make some adjustments and change my decor due to restrictions.
  • We are having our wedding in the evening because it will be hot. I had forgot to ask what was the latest time we could  start the ceremony. There were a few other things I forgot to, but the lady at my venue usually responds to my emails the same day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Hi, we are having a ceremony/reception outdoors and one of the things we forgot to ask is where are the bathrooms located and are they handicap accessible.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • bring a digital camera!!!
    Photobucket
  • Make sure you ask about electrical hook-up if you have musicians or mics
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards