Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Need decorating ideas

I need some ideas on how to decorate a deck with railing around it. It's an outside wedding, the deck is shaped like a Gazebo, only it doesn't have a roof. I'm going for the more rustic chic look. We are putting flowers in metal buckets around on the floor of it, but it looks like something needs to either go over our heads or on top of the railing. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Need decorating ideas

• Options
    We're doing something similar in a few weeks for my daughter's reception at my home.  I bought autumn leaf garland and will put that all around the deck.  Her colors are orange and burgundy red, so I've tried to keep those colors in the leaves.  I bought those twig wreaths (what are those actually called? I can't remember) with the same theme (I may add more stuff to those) and put those on the doors of my home.  I also bought orange pails (they're tall, and meant to be vases) to use--we'll put mums and orange and burgundy gerbers in them.  And I'll have all different colored mum plants all over the inside and outside of the house, too.  Once we do that, we're going to see what it looks like, but we might put twinkle lights running from the roof over the deck to the side buildings, so it makes sort of a starlit night look.  That part is hard to explain. 
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    It might be a little more than you want to spend but you might look into garden trellises/arbors in wood or iron/metal. You might could rent them, but to buy them would probably be about $200 and up. Do an image search for them, or go to any place that has a home and garden department, like Lowe's or Home Depot. If you have a yard or patio, it might be something you could use after the wedding, not necessarily a one-use item. You can buy the white wedding arches at just about anywhere that sells wedding accessories, but they are typically kind of flimsy, and they would probably look cheesy against a rustic wooden deck.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards